Fujifilm Supply Issues

There's a lot of angst around the twitters and other forums on whether Fujifilm has finally stopped actually manufacturing film (given that Acros II is manufactured in the UK, presumably by Harman, and C200 is rebadged Kodak film). I think we just have to wait and see. If they resume supply of new E6 film, I'd guess we could probably assume they're making it, unless it turns out to be Ektachrome in disguise!

It's a struggle to get any kind of colour slide film these days.
I bought as many boxes of E100 as I could afford when I found it.
That said, it's just as bad trying to source E6 chemistry. Tetenal aren't shipping and the only brand I could get was Bellini, and that's a full fat 6 bath process.

There's a lot of angst around the twitters and other forums on whether Fujifilm has finally stopped actually manufacturing film (given that Acros II is manufactured in the UK, presumably by Harman, and C200 is rebadged Kodak film). I think we just have to wait and see. If they resume supply of new E6 film, I'd guess we could probably assume they're making it, unless it turns out to be Ektachrome in disguise!
Provia 100F is my favourite film, I hope they continue with it. I have a good stock in my freezer for now but I do worry that if the likes of Fuji stop production then maybe the already scarce labs that handle E6 will reduce (Spectrum (my preferred Lab) in Plymouth have already downsized and no longer do E6). I really don't want to go down the home processing route especially if it is only going to be for the last of my freezer stocks.

Back