Fujifilm X-H1

Yes I bought a 90mm from Fuji refurb. earlier in the year, with Black Friday offer a new one was £100 cheaper.
I don’t know what they are playing at with regard to pricing, but it baffles me.

Yes I bought a 90mm from Fuji refurb. earlier in the year, with Black Friday offer a new one was £100 cheaper.
I don’t know what they are playing at with regard to pricing, but it baffles me.
Sods Law dictates that whatever you buy, you will find it cheaper the next day. :(

I'd expect the X-H2 sooner than everyone expects (X-T30 should be with us Q1 2019)

I was assured by a fuji rep I spoke to just before the xt3 was release that the xh1 would have at least 18 months before being updated. Whether that's true or not only time will tell.

Personally I'd take anything fuji say with a pinch of salt. The whole "ibis is impossible for x mount" still makes me chuckle.

Amazon have the body for £1151 with £230 cashback. Great price! Shame I haven't been able to master mine yet. Anyone have any links to videos to help me with all the features and settings?

Under a grand at WEX after cash back.

Almost a shame I don’t shoot 2 bodies any more.;)

Ah. Amazon is £1151 before cash back. That’s tempting...

Jessops have got it for £1230 with £230 cashback. How's that a better deal? What am I missing?

Well yeterday it was £999 after cash back and included grip and 2 extra batteries.

Appears to have disappeared now.

Some UK based togs who inhabit DPR flagged this. If you look towards the bottom of the thread some purchased at this price.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62088519

Well yeterday it was £999 after cash back and included grip and 2 extra batteries.

Appears to have disappeared now.

Some UK based togs who inhabit DPR flagged this. If you look towards the bottom of the thread some purchased at this price.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62088519

£999 for the body and grip is a steal, I'm going for the XH1 I think but not decided if I want the grip too.

£999 for the body and grip is a steal, I'm going for the XH1 I think but not decided if I want the grip too.

An "Excellent" choice, you'll certainly not regret it I'm sure. Its a fabulous bit of kit.(y)

George.

An "Excellent" choice, you'll certainly not regret it I'm sure. Its a fabulous bit of kit.(y)

George.

Ordered the kit with the Grip - an extra £200 for a Battery Grip and 2x Fuji batteries that I'd have bought anyway.... 16-55 also (£630 once cashback is factored in!)
Intending on keeping it simple, 16-55 and I'll need to get a 23mm f1.4 as I love that lens but not much else for now.

Taking a lot of indoor shots in natural light. Finding the noise at anything over 1200 ISO a problem. Am I just being too much of a pixel peeper ?

Taking a lot of indoor shots in natural light. Finding the noise at anything over 1200 ISO a problem. Am I just being too much of a pixel peeper ?
1600 is not an issue at all; at 3200 I would have to be careful in pp.

1200-ISO strikes me as being a bit low to worry about, I’m personally very happy with the images at 3200-ISO from the X-H1 files.(y)

George.

Great to see this X-H1 thread picking up a bit. "Keep Up The Good Work" (y)

George.

Ordered the kit with the Grip - an extra £200 for a Battery Grip and 2x Fuji batteries that I'd have bought anyway.... 16-55 also (£630 once cashback is factored in!)
Intending on keeping it simple, 16-55 and I'll need to get a 23mm f1.4 as I love that lens but not much else for now.

Chris, there is a post of mine earlier in this thread where I said that in my opinion that the combination of the X-H1 and 16-55 is a marriage made in heaven. One of the reasons for this is that the 16-55 always felt unbalanced on my X-T1, even with an additional grip fitted, but on the X-H1 it balances perfectly. For me, that balance, the additional zoom range and higher optical quality of the 16-55 taken together, more than makes up for the additional weight over that of a XT-1/2/3 and 18-55 combination

Last edited:
Chris, there is a post of mine earlier in this thread where I said that in my opinion that the combination of the X-H1 and 16-55 is a marriage made in heaven. One of the reasons for this is that the 16-55 always felt unbalanced on my X-T1, even with an additional grip fitted, but on the X-H1 it balances perfectly. For me, that balance, the additional zoom range and higher optical quality of the 16-55 taken together, more than makes up for the additional weight over that of a XT-1/2/3 and 18-55 combination
:agree:

P.S. I forgot to add another very important feature which is unique to the X-H1. the shutter release is like no other I've ever used, if you are like me you will find that its action will make you smile every time you trip the shutter and make most other releases seem very "agricultural"

P.S. I forgot to add another very important feature which is unique to the X-H1. the shutter release is like no other I've ever used, if you are like me you will find that its action will make you smile every time you trip the shutter and make most other releases seem very "agricultural"

:agree: :fuji: particularly the X-H1.(y)

George.

I'm thinking about getting the 56mm f1.2. Does anyone have experience of both versions? Is the APD worth £100 more than the standard version?

As this X-H1 thread seems to have perked up a bit I thought I'd contribute a snap.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of what looks like part of an old winching system beside some of the old railway lines used for hauling the boats or catch up the beach. These are just some of the many things scattered about the beach that have just been left behind. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty presentation for this snap to bring out some of the textures.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 60mm F2.4 Lens, 1/480th @ F8, ISO-200 Handheld.
Things Left Behind (23) (Dungeness)-03278 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

As this X-H1 thread seems to have perked up a bit I thought I'd contribute a snap.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of what looks like part of an old winching system beside some of the old railway lines used for hauling the boats or catch up the beach. These are just some of the many things scattered about the beach that have just been left behind. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty presentation for this snap to bring out some of the textures.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 60mm F2.4 Lens, 1/480th @ F8, ISO-200 Handheld.
Things Left Behind (23) (Dungeness)-03278 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
There’s a lot of litter on that beach! Nice tonal range, George.

Back