Fujifilm X-H1

Ok, don't know why this is happening, just took a dozen shots with the new X-H1, tried to import images the normal way into Adobe Lightroom 6 and there's no files showing...??...although there's files/images on the SD card ok.

So I can't upload any images from my card reader into Lightroom 6. Very strange.

Any advice/tips appreciated.
I don't think LR6 supports these files. The latest LR CC Classic does.

Cheers Stephen, so I'll need Lightroom Classic CC version 7.2 to support my Fuji X-H1 files it seems.

Regards;
Peter

The free Adobe DNG converter works with X-H1 Raw files Sir. Just download the converter from Adobe, convert your files to DNG (I do all of mine this way) and then open them in any version of LR. Job Done.(y)

George.

Hmmm I'm not great with technology and upgrades personally. I see there's a Lightroom Classic CC version 7.4 available, I'll try and obtain that for the X-H1 files.

wOw I'm blown away by the X-H1's stealthy shutter release, so quiet and so silky smoooooth, amazing!!

Cheers;
Peter

Hmmm I'm not great with technology and upgrades personally. I see there's a Lightroom Classic CC version 7.4 available, I'll try and obtain that for the X-H1 files.

wOw I'm blown away by the X-H1's stealthy shutter release, so quiet and so silky smoooooth, amazing!!

Cheers;
Peter

The DNG converter is not an upgrade Sir, its a standalone converter and is very simple and easy peasy to use. Just trying to save you some money.(y)

George.

Last edited:

Cheers;
Peter

I get that feeling of operating a beautifully designed piece of engineering every time I press the shutter. Either fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your point of view, it's completely spoilt me and I now find the shutter release on my X-T1 a bit agricultural.

I get that feeling of operating a beautifully designed piece of engineering every time I press the shutter. Either fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your point of view, it's completely spoilt me and I now find the shutter release on my X-T1 a bit agricultural.

My thoughts exactly Sir, in my opinion the X-H1 is the finest APS-C camera that Fooj have ever produced.(y)

George.

Last edited:
As I've only received the X-H1 today and shot about a dozen photos I've accidentally taken a few photos without knowing as the shutter's so quiet & smooth, it'll just take time to get used to etc...

:)

As I've only received the X-H1 today and shot about a dozen photos I've accidentally taken a few photos without knowing as the shutter's so quiet & smooth, it'll just take time to get used to etc...

:)

it does take a little getting used to but i adjusted very quickly. be warned though that every other shutter on other cameras will feel awful after.

it does take a little getting used to but i adjusted very quickly. be warned though that every other shutter on other cameras will feel awful after.
Agreed. It feels more like a precision watch than a mere shutter button.

Good to see this X-H1 thread picking up momentum with I think two more contributors today. "GREAT STUFF"(y):banana:

George.

I’m still torn between the XH1 and XT3. I think it’s the AF that is steering me towards the XT3 but I’m not sure how much better it is. I prefer the size and looknof the XH1, especially with the grip.

Some superb shots in tnis thread.

I've a feeling that you might not need the extra dedicated XH1 battery grip as the standard grip is firm and chunky, quite pronounced. Today I was carrying it by the grip with a few fingers with the XF55-200mm lens attached and it felt great..!
Obviously the XH1 extra battery grip will give you more extension of battery power.

Do EXpro make W126S batteries for the XH1? Or which batteries would present owners suggest please?

Last edited:
On a recent visit to Turkey I ended up taking a serious of photo's documenting the lives of the street dogs of Bitez & Yalikavak, it wasn't my intention to do so until I heard the story of how many of these dogs were bought as pets for their children by wealthy owners who were holidaying in the area for an extended summer break then dumped when they return home. These days instead of rounding them up and destroying them they are tagged and neutered, most are fed by hotels and restaurants plus volunteers. On the whole they seem very happy and they all get along with one or two exceptions.

Streetdog-1 by Pete Downham Photography, on Flickr

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Romney Marsh Kent UK of some Cogs (Gear Wheels) that were part of an old winch mechanism used for hauling the boats or catch up the beach, these are just one of the many things scattered about the beach that have just been left behind. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty look for this snap to emphasize the rust & decay etc.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 60mm F2.4 Lens, 1/220th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Cogs (1) (Dungeness)-03275 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

This pic was taken during a 2 hour spell when a pack of 5 hugely inquisitive friends followed us everywhere we went, they were fascinated by the camera, sniffing and nudging it several times. They swam & played together, it was quite moving when we had to hide in a shop to lose them before returning to the bus station, i'm sure they would have followed us right to the bus across a dangerous road.

Streetdogs-3 by Pete Downham Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Romney Marsh Kent UK of some Cogs (Gear Wheels) that were part of an old winch mechanism used for hauling the boats or catch up the beach, these are just one of the many things scattered about the beach that have just been left behind. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty look for this snap to emphasize the rust & decay etc.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 60mm F2.4 Lens, 1/220th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Cogs (1) (Dungeness)-03275 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
I like that George, it just works very well.

This pic was taken during a 2 hour spell when a pack of 5 hugely inquisitive friends followed us everywhere we went, they were fascinated by the camera, sniffing and nudging it several times. They swam & played together, it was quite moving when we had to hide in a shop to lose them before returning to the bus station, i'm sure they would have followed us right to the bus across a dangerous road.

Streetdogs-3 by Pete Downham Photography, on Flickr

Liking this Fujigraph very much Sir, and the story of these dogs is fascinating.(y)

George.

I’m still torn between the XH1 and XT3. I think it’s the AF that is steering me towards the XT3 but I’m not sure how much better it is. I prefer the size and looknof the XH1, especially with the grip.

Some superb shots in tnis thread.

Same here. I have decided to skip the XH-1 and go for the XT-3 which is coming tomorrow. I have decided to skip the first generation of the H series cameras and wait for the XH-2. I am hoping the Fuji will offer a bigger battery for the H2.

Some beautifully clear images in this thread. Are you guys mostly posting SOOC JPEGs or processed RAWs?

For those that have/had XP2, how does the IQ compare?

Lee

Some beautifully clear images in this thread. Are you guys mostly posting SOOC JPEGs or processed RAWs?

For those that have/had XP2, how does the IQ compare?

Lee
IQ is about the same as it's the same sensor. But slow-speed images may be better because of the IBIS. I only shoot raw and process in LR.

Another from my new project on Wet Settle. (as everyone knows, it rarely rains here in Yorkshire, so these shots will become collectors items :eek: )

Bishopdale Court, Settle by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Back