Fujifilm X-H1

Great. Got any more tighter to the Viaduct ?
No. I was concentrating on the castle really and just using the (redundant) viaduct as a background. I was unable to get any closer to it anyway. With hindsight I should have put my 90mm on it, although compositionally it would have been challenging (to me!).

EDIT on second look through my shots there is one which is a little tighter. I'll develop it and post it later. :)

I like your processing on the first Stephen. I wish I could do it to that standard.

OK, it's a little later and I threw this through Silver Efex Pro (unlike the other, which I tweaked myself).

Edlingham Castle by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, good full range of punchy mono tones with detail in the highlights & shadows.(y)

George.

Yes I know, Some of my Nikons are in the classifieds, but you already know that!

A question for you X-H1 shooters ref. IBIS.
How effective is it at the longer focal lengths?
I know all the telephoto zooms have OIS, but e.g., is IBIS more effective at (say) 50mm than 90mm?

A question for you X-H1 shooters ref. IBIS.
How effective is it at the longer focal lengths?
I know all the telephoto zooms have OIS, but e.g., is IBIS more effective at (say) 50mm than 90mm?

That's an easy one to answer Sir, "EXCELLENT".(y)

George.

This building, next to the parish church, is purported to be the old Giggleswick school before it moved to its current site, although there is some doubt. Certainly it's quite old - like many of the buildings in Gig it dates from the early 17th century.

Giggleswick Old School by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

This building, next to the parish church, is purported to be the old Giggleswick school before it moved to its current site, although there is some doubt. Certainly it's quite old - like many of the buildings in Gig it dates from the early 17th century.

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, liking the toned presentation very much.(y)

George.

Once again I’ve attained the dizzy heights of Explore on Flickr. Form an orderly queue for autographs and signed pork pies (pre-tasted) ...

Newest addition to the family today.

Everyone say hello to Daisy, just 9 weeks old, and brought her home this morning. Our other cocker, Charlie seems less than impressed at the moment.

Last edited:

Putting the 16mm and IBIS to great use Stephen, cracking shot !!!!

Back