Fujifilm XF10

Replacement for X70 ??

That's what I was hoping for. Toy-like ergonomics, a PASM dial, and still no viewfinder makes it a thumbs down from me (Mr Picky that I am). Although I may pick up a bargain X70 if people decide to upgrade :)
On the plus side, that 33mm f1 seems like more than a rumour :)

That's what I was hoping for. Toy-like ergonomics, a PASM dial, and still no viewfinder makes it a thumbs down from me (Mr Picky that I am). Although I may pick up a bargain X70 if people decide to upgrade :)
On the plus side, that 33mm f1 seems like more than a rumour :)

I'd agree, though X70's are often going for more than they cost new, seems to have become a bit of a cult camera with street photographers.

The 3 'new' lenses look great though, and really cements Fujifilm's commitment to the X series cameras, though none of them will be cheap!!!

Bigest negative for me is no hotshoe. But onboard flash could be used as a trigger.

For the few occasions I use the tilt screen I could probably cope with remote shooting from phone app.

A "replacement" for the X70 without the selfie screen :pompous: I'd say not really a replacement then.

Looks more like a relaunch / update for the flawed XF1 range, without the zoom. So again, not a real replacement... Ok between the two :D

A "replacement" for the X70 without the selfie screen :pompous: I'd say not really a replacement then.

Looks more like a relaunch / update for the flawed XF1 range, without the zoom. So again, not a real replacement... Ok between the two :D

hard to keep up with so many fuji releases.
I'm sure i read the x-80 was a doubt due to the 24mp sensor eating too much of the smaller battery. yet here we have this which is indeed a 24mp camera with same small battery.

I'm sure i read the x-80 was a doubt due to the 24mp sensor eating too much of the smaller battery. yet here we have this which is indeed a 24mp camera with same small battery.

The Bayer sensor 24MP cameras have a slower processor (Bayer conversion puts less demands on the processor than the X-Trans), also the frame rate of the Bayer cameras is less than that of the X-Trans cameras adding to the requirement for a less highly specified processor. This way the lower spec models can be made with more plastic parts (they don't need as much metal to act as a heatsink), and therefore can be a smaller form factor.

At the moment with APS-C Fuji have made the BAyer cameras much more entry level models, you then can build up through the range with X-Trans to the now flagship X-H1

I agree with too many releases, we now have 8 24Mp APSC camera bodies, X-H1, X-T2, X-Pro2, X-T20, X100F, X-T100, X-A5 and now XF10. I'm sure the market doesn't need that many.

That said with the proposed forthcoming lenses, they are building quite a forminable system:-

XF8-16mm F2.8 this year
XF200 F2 This year
33mm F1 - rumoured next year
XF16mm F2.8 rumoured next year
XF16-80 F4 rumoured next year

Yet some people moan that Fuji don't release enough :D I'm seeing it as a mini x100, but hmmm.. I mean I'll take one but at first glance my needs for a tiny camera are different. I expect the images to be nice though and that counts for a lot, as the thing is super portable.

if this is a replacement for the x-70 then its a shame they have left out the tilting screen. thats something i used a lot on my x-70.

its a no from me.
My sentiments exactly. I still own my x70, it’s my most used Fuji X camera. I’m not sure if there will be a replacement for it, or if so what improvements it will have. Meanwhile I’m still happy with my x70 and the images it produces.

Looks to be aimed slightly below X70. Whether that's the Fuji re-positioning that range a little lower or maybe there'll be an X70 replacement too, I'm not sure. No viewfinder kills it a bit for me. Not that I'm saying it should have one, there's an X100F for that but it's unlikely I'll be buying one. What I really want is an X30 replacement with ibis and maybe a 1" sensor. Chop chop fuji.

I'm really tempted by this for my wife as a travel camera!

We're going to Vietnam and Cambodia in a month and have 3 photo tours booked; I'd love for her to have a camera that she can learn with and create some nice images!
I'm slightly put off by the stories of it being very slow and not reliably getting AF. I'd be interested to hear real world feedback!

Otherwise, I'm considering an RX100 II/III or a Fuji X100/S/T or possibly an X70.

I'm really tempted by this for my wife as a travel camera!

We're going to Vietnam and Cambodia in a month and have 3 photo tours booked; I'd love for her to have a camera that she can learn with and create some nice images!
I'm slightly put off by the stories of it being very slow and not reliably getting AF. I'd be interested to hear real world feedback!

Otherwise, I'm considering an RX100 II/III or a Fuji X100/S/T or possibly an X70.

Doug it’s not the fastest camera on the market by a long chalk, moving the focus point seems slow. Af is not the quickest and it will hunt in low light but seems pretty accurate to me. I use the 2mm and 5 mm pre focus-setting quite a bit it could do with an extra 1m setting imho.
Along with the Ricoh GR 11/111 arguably the best iq for size you can get. Looked at the X70 myself but hard to find and I see MPB where flogging a used one for £480 which seemed a bit much.
Great advantage over the X100 is the size it is truly pocket size.
What about the LUMIX X100 as well?

Just picked one of these up as an everyday camera. First impressions just playing around with it are good.... OK, so it doesn't feel as if it has the build quality of the higher end Fuji models, but for every day stuff in a pocket kind of camera, seems ideal... Looking forward to getting out and about with it!

Really like mine Dave its so portable and produces some great results.
I think that's what I really like about it is the portability. It does literally fit in a trouser pocket doesn't it! Much more portable than other Fuji cameras and the results are good enough for what I want it for.

I think that's what I really like about it is the portability. It does literally fit in a trouser pocket doesn't it! Much more portable than other Fuji cameras and the results are good enough for what I want it for.

Totally agree with you Dave its not the fastest camera about but I do like the Snapshot modes would be nice if it had a 1m option.

Totally agree with you Dave its not the fastest camera about but I do like the Snapshot modes would be nice if it had a 1m option.
Yeah for sure. More flexible options such as the Ricoh would be useful. Don't know if it's something Fuji could offer as a firmware update.

So what about all the bad review on the autofocus. Even found some reviewer which "wanted to love it" and who "tried it after the firmaware update" but still find it very poor. I wish I could try one for a week!

So what about all the bad review on the autofocus. Even found some reviewer which "wanted to love it" and who "tried it after the firmaware update" but still find it very poor. I wish I could try one for a week!
The af is not great it is slow and can hunt at times. The great attraction for me is the size and the iq.
Brought mine for a so it can live in my pocket and for doing some street photography.
If you any where near Abingdon you welcome to have a go with mine.

No where near you sadly.
That large sensor in such a small camera is really tempting but i might go for the lumix lx100 mk 2 which is a bit bigger for a smaller sensor.

Back