Fujifilm XF80mm Macro

Name
Jak
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, can I get a teleconverter for my Fuji 80mm macro lens?

Many thanks Graham, I thought they only worked with 2 zoom lenses and not the 80mm. ;)

For macro, you can cheat the converters... An extension tube between the body and lens will give enough space for the protrusions to miss each other. Not sure what size tube is needed for which lens/converter combination though! (The proper macro lens is a much better bet anyway.)

My Fuji 80mm Macro worked well with my 1.4TC in terms of speed and image quality. I know it will also work the 2.0TC but not sure how it will compare to the 1.TC

What I’d like to do is ’borrow’ each one and have a play and then decide which to satisfy my GAS ;)

What I’d like to do is ’borrow’ each one and have a play and then decide which to satisfy my GAS ;)

I've had both which I used behind the 100-400. I still have the 1.4x but sold the 2x on... IMO, the 2x introduces too much softness and for normal use (up to A4 prints), cropping in to a 1.4x image to get the extra apparent reach gives better results than the 2x does.

I've had both which I used behind the 100-400. I still have the 1.4x but sold the 2x on... IMO, the 2x introduces too much softness and for normal use (up to A4 prints), cropping in to a 1.4x image to get the extra apparent reach gives better results than the 2x does.
I don’t suppose you live in Norfolk somewhere so I can pop round and use it for half an hour :giggle:

My thought was more "Shame Jak is about 200 miles away - I could have let him have a play"! Much as I'd enjoy a 400 (or so) mile round trip on the bike, it's not really a viable proposition!

My thought was more "Shame Jak is about 200 miles away - I could have let him have a play"! Much as I'd enjoy a 400 (or so) mile round trip on the bike, it's not really a viable proposition!
Excellent :giggle:

Back