Fujifilm xpro1 lens

Name
Steve :-)
Edit My Images
Yes
I purchased a Fujifilm x70 for street a month ago, I've just purchased the Fujifilm x-pro1 but I'm struggling with what lens to buy for it, as a back up camera.

Last edited:
The 35mm F2 is fantastic for street photography, I use that myself. I also recommend the 23mm F2.

How are you finding the x70 for street photography? I nearly got one last week, but opted for the Ricoh GR II instead.

The 35mm F2 is fantastic for street photography, I use that myself. I also recommend the 23mm F2.

How are you finding the x70 for street photography? I nearly got one last week, but opted for the Ricoh GR II instead.

These are two cameras I'm seriously considering. The Ricoh keeps winning though (the snap focus is a pretty big deal for me). I'm struggling with the cost of the GR though. I know it's worth it (the b&w images are beautiful) but there's a niggling doubt that I should wait for the next GR as there's rumors of a 2 year turnaround. I met two street photographers in Leicester last week who were using the GR and I was seriously impressed.

The GR II won out for me because I already use a 16mp Fuji (X-T1).

The snap focus is cool, but the autofocus is pants. However the images are lovely. It fits in your pocket, and is fairly discreet. It does have the problem with dust. I am looking forward to the next Ricoh GR as I think it will be a vast improvement. But the camera itself is fun to use and found myself over looking the faults.

The X-70 Probo is the smart choice, with the Ricoh having character.

XF 27mm f/2.8 pancake would be my choice. Pretty much as low profile as possible on a Fuji body. Toyed with the single fixed lens compact idea but would find it too limiting and the supplementary lenses for the X-100 are expensive and slow to affix/detach compared to the bayonet fitting on the CSCs.

I'm loving the x70 it suits my style, small and discrete and the flip up screen is great for shooting from the hip.

XF 27mm f/2.8 pancake would be my choice. Pretty much as low profile as possible on a Fuji body. Toyed with the single fixed lens compact idea but would find it too limiting and the supplementary lenses for the X-100 are expensive and slow to affix/detach compared to the bayonet fitting on the CSCs.
I went with the xf23mm f2 I just need to get out and try it.

Not as loved but the 18mm f2 is technically the closest lens to the x70, to use as back up. But I'm sure the longer lenses will be a better buy as you'll have options :D

The 23 f2 is super so have fun!

Not as loved but the 18mm f2 is technically the closest lens to the x70, to use as back up. But I'm sure the longer lenses will be a better buy as you'll have options :D

The 23 f2 is super so have fun!
Thanks!

Another vote for the 27mm. Good focal length for street, quick focus, sharp and it's low cost.

Back