Full frame combined with L lens - test shots

bastic

A star
Name
Lukas
Edit My Images
Yes
Mods please move if you think this should not be here....

Last saturday,on TP meet I had pleasure to use Blinkerz 135mm L F2 lens. Brill piece of kit...Him along with Onform asked me to post few test shoths from 5dmk2 combined with L lens..so here are two shots :

#1 full picture :
3570139951_bdcea9201b_o.jpg

#1a 100crop :
3570950694_2383a7e418_o.jpg

#2 full shot :
3570140305_6a65c149b6_o.jpg

#2a 200% crop - didnt had to resize this one as crop is 538x242
3570140605_b30a7402c8_o.jpg

Im really pleased with the results this combo produced :)
Hope that helps:)
Lukas

Some nice bokeh there!

Did you do a micro adjust for the lens or just connect it up and shoot?

Not on Tristans lens Matt :)

5d1 + 135L thats a shot i took with lens plus classic 5d, wide open... looks like it works really well on mk2 with the huge res

great shot (as always), and yes,once you nail the shot with mk2 with good lens you can make a huge crop :)

Canon like to remind their richer customers that you cannot spell lens without the L. They're also supposed to be lenses in Canon's 'professional' range (something about superb optics) but that's besides the point.

the 135L is an amazing lens, as the results clearly show. it's one of canon's finest, and i'm surprised that i don't see more people using them.........

the 135L is an amazing lens, as the results clearly show. it's one of canon's finest, and i'm surprised that i don't see more people using them.........

Funny length really....

All of the boys at South West pictures and now south west news used to leave it out of the bag citing it as a neither here nor there lens length. However, it is great and if you can work it into a prime combo say 50,85,135,200 then it could work and your feet do the zooming.

Funny length really....

All of the boys at South West pictures and now south west news used to leave it out of the bag citing it as a neither here nor there lens length. However, it is great and if you can work it into a prime combo say 50,85,135,200 then it could work and your feet do the zooming.

yip, totally agree.

See, the problem is if you own a 5D and dont own a 135L then you are in trouble when you try one. :) Tis a beautiful combo.

I have a 50mm f1.4, 85L and 135L and am seriously considering selling my 24-70L and buying a 24L. The primes are considerably better than even my 70-200L f2.8 IS was and although the 24-70L is handy for the odd wedding or as a walkaround lens, but I think I would rather have a selection of primes. wides next on the list, 24L 35L & 14L are the next to be sought.

See, the problem is if you own a 5D and dont own a 135L then you are in trouble when you try one. :) Tis a beautiful combo.

Yes,I do see the problem..... :D

I'm assuming no sharpening has been done on those images as they look a tad soft, I have a 135 F2 lens and it's tack sharp on a ff body with a touch of usm.

Funny length really....

Horses for courses I guess. 24-70 and 135 on a 1.3x crop and I'm good to go for just about everything that earns my beer tokens (y)

I'm assuming no sharpening has been done on those images as they look a tad soft, I have a 135 F2 lens and it's tack sharp on a ff body with a touch of usm.

hmmm I dont recall if I applied any sharpening...bear in mind that second crop is at 200% ... looks better at 100% ;)
it was more to show how much you can crop on 5dmk2
those 2 shots are not perfect in conditions of nailing AF, and objects are bit far away.

That lens /camera combo sure looks like a winner
As a side note, I am so glad you did not show a 100 crop of his teeth. :puke:

That lens /camera combo sure looks like a winner
As a side note, I am so glad you did not show a 100 crop of his teeth. :puke:

there was not much to show :LOL:

First time I see that combo at work, the quality is so so so unbelievable, now I know what God use to take photos from Up there
icon_cheers.png

Divine :clap:

"Those photos are great, you must have a really good camera" :D

hmmm I dont recall if I applied any sharpening...bear in mind that second crop is at 200% ... looks better at 100% ;)
it was more to show how much you can crop on 5dmk2
those 2 shots are not perfect in conditions of nailing AF, and objects are bit far away.

If you took the shots using anything other than Neutral or Faithful picture style the camera applies sharpening automatically as far as I'm aware! Hope I've got that right:) Just checked my facts I am correct. only Neutral and Faithful don't apply sharpening.

If you took the shots using anything other than Neutral or Faithful picture style the camera applies sharpening automatically as far as I'm aware! Hope I've got that right:)

I shoot RAW :)

I shoot RAW :)

You still have a picture style set usually Standard which applies some sharpening.:) Ignore this, I'm wrong. Picture styles are not applied to Raw in the camera, you canapply them later using DPP software

Back