Full frame lens.

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just upgraded to 6d and only got 75-300mm lens and want something for landscape. My aim is to buy 24-105 L lens but that would be in few month. In mean time I've got £200 is they any lens out there for that price that will be any good.

your not that far from a 2nd hand 24-105 L, if thats what you want id just hang on and get one

The old 28-105 3.5-4.5 USM was regarded as a hidden gem in the Canon film days, and to prove its quality, they're still not 'bargain basement'. Whilst loads of kit lenses are available for peanuts, this old gem still has a decent value.

50mm prime is a good start. Everyone have one in their bag for obvious reasons.

I'd recommend the 50mm f/1.8 STM, belter of a lens and only £100. It's lovely on the 6d :)

The old 28-105 3.5-4.5 USM was regarded as a hidden gem in the Canon film days, and to prove its quality, they're still not 'bargain basement'. Whilst loads of kit lenses are available for peanuts, this old gem still has a decent value.
how does it compare to the canon 24-85mm f3.5-4.5??

there is a 24-105 for sale at £350.
I know you have a budget , but why settle for a stop gap that will cost you more money ... (assuming funds can stretch)

BTW - it's not my one for sale. I enjoy my one on the 6d

Hey guys thanks for your posts. I've just order canon 50mm 1.8 just something to get me through next week when I'm at the lakes.

I wasn't familiar, but it seems the DXO Mark of the 28-105 is slightly better.

Both decent lenses though.

I used to use the "old" Canon 28-105 usm II and I agree it is a nice lens! A friend had one too and loved it but his died when it got between his 1D3 and a flagstone! He replaced his with a mint 24-85 but was never quite as happy with it - still a decent lens though.

I used my 28-105 mainly for film but it also worked well with my 1D4 and 5Dc cameras that I had then. Nice lens, cheap and cheerful but with very acceptable IQ.

I wasn't familiar, but it seems the DXO Mark of the 28-105 is slightly better.

Both decent lenses though.

This was my first upgrade lens (the MKII) when i had a 350D and i loved it. when i got my first 24-105L i really wasn't too impressed with it as although it was obviously a better lens, faster and with IS, the resulting images were not that much better to my eyes. Defiantly still a contender is the budget area.

Hey guys thanks for your posts. I've just order canon 50mm 1.8 just something to get me through next week when I'm at the lakes.

The STM version? That's probably the best of the 3 50mm non L Canon lenses. Very sharp even on my 5D4.

My first ever lens was the 28-105 too! i shot that on film as a matter of fact and it was pretty decent as a starter lens, much better than your, back then, kit lens.

Back