Full moon in the mist

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Just to make life difficult... the sky was misty... perfect for Halloween, rubbish for astronomy...

However, I think these are my best full moon shots to date... 1200mm usual setup

IMG_9501.jpg

and with the colour pulled up

IMG_9501-Version2.jpg

Its great to see the colour on it, you must have some real secret processing to get all this detail out, just like your galaxy picture, the before and afters are amazing (y)

Excellent pictures again!

Love this comment "1200mm usual setup"

Very cool.

Fantastic Captures, Very well done

Kirk

I love seem astronomy shots! Keep it up, they're fascinating.

Thanks all..

Excellent pictures again!

Love this comment "1200mm usual setup"

Well... it's the same 1200mm setup I use for my single exposure with an SLR images... ;)

Its great to see the colour on it, you must have some real secret processing to get all this detail out, just like your galaxy picture, the before and afters are amazing (y)

Not really any great secret, it's all done in Aperture... What's more important is that the RAW contains the colour information in the first place. I've only had success at pulling out the colour with a minimum of 1200mm focal length. I must admit I've not tried with 600mm...

Does anyone know when we will have another Moon illusion where it appears much larger on the horizon? I've always been fascinated when seeing it, particularly as its usually very yellow in colour too.

This is caused by the way your eye perceives things so in theory, you ought to see the moon looking larger near the horizon every night...

Back