"Fun" Car recommendation...

While they are getting expensive nowadays, you'll still struggle to pay £20k for one.

With any newly purchased one you tend to spend a year ironing the bugs out before you end up with a reliable vehicle, usually by which time it will have donuts from a Lotus Elan, a high efficiency radiator and a cylinder head rebuild using a gasket from Reinz (I've owned "a few" ;) )

I guy I knew had one a few years ago for `hill climbs`.......... `kinell it could shift a bit! :wideyed: He then went into mini's & I think his son still races them.

I guy I knew had one a few years ago for `hill climbs`.......... `kinell it could shift a bit! :wideyed: He then went into mini's & I think his son still races them.
Have done some hillclimbs, but I tend to prefer the flat! With a properly tuned engine the 39bhp they left the factory with could be taken to about 120bhp @8800rpm or so. Should see the 0-60 time down comfortably under 8 seconds, less if some weight can taken out of the car. My Imp engined Davrian reaches 60mph in around 5 seconds, but that's a fair bit lighter as it's fibreglass and it has slick tyres, so minimal wheelspin. And it revs to over 9000 so hits 60mph in second gear, meaning only one gearchange.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I've pretty much narrowed it down to the BRZ or GT86 after driving both of them, plenty more well prices Toyota's available though.
A late entry into the mix, partly based on cost is actually the VW Scirocco, I've always fancied one but assumed it might be a bit dull to drive, looking at the power though the Petrol is actually looking nippier than the GT86, can anyone comment on how "fun" or not they are to drive before I go out and test one?

Back