`Fungi Foray`

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I had better get out and shoot some `shrooms before the frost gets them!

Common Stinkhorn.

Common Stinkhorn by Mike Warburton Photography, on Flickr

Mycena Cluster and Moss

Mycena Cluster by Mike Warburton Photography, on Flickr

Mycena lit from behind with torch.

`Fairy Light` by Mike Warburton Photography, on Flickr

Mycena `painted` with light from a torch on a long exposure.

Mycena by Mike Warburton Photography, on Flickr

2 Mycena lit from behind with torch.

`Fairy Lights` by Mike Warburton Photography, on Flickr

Excellent photos, I have a thing for good fungi image and these tick all the boxes.

Stunning set of images, the lighting in them is fantastic, well done.

Last one for me lighting just right.

Hi Mike Wow, I love number 2 makes me think I have got to approach my fungi photography from a different angle. Number 1 reminds me of a chocolate fountain! Sorry. Number 3 is dull and just don't grab me compared to the others. 4 and 5 again very nice, lighting is superb. Just my opinion, what do I know? Regards Chris

Hi Mike Wow, I love number 2 makes me think I have got to approach my fungi photography from a different angle. Number 1 reminds me of a chocolate fountain! Sorry. Number 3 is dull and just don't grab me compared to the others. 4 and 5 again very nice, lighting is superb. Just my opinion, what do I know? Regards Chris
Thank you Chris.Always nice to get different opinions which lets me know what works :)

Whole set superb. :) No2 for me, just looks perfect, Mycena Cluster and Moss go really well together, and on the branch/trunk just turns it into a beautiful photo. :) Also on a good backdrop and the cluster is really sharp. Nice work on all of them. Wish I could find some like this where I live, not found any as nice as these.

Wow fantastic shots. Having seen those I'll not bother posting any of mine. Which lens were you using?

Thanks again all.

It was the Canon EFS 18-55mm IS `kit` lens on my 50d (y)

And here is me thinking what lens is required for pictures like these, fantastic.
I am just getting into macro, just bought a new tripod today, next is a nice macro lens, but these photos make that less urgent. Beautifl photos, lighting fantastic.

Very nice set of images
Just shows technique is more important than the latest kit.

:clap: Those are simply stunning Mike.

No.1's an ugly beast :LOL: but you've captured it brilliantly and the detail in the stalk is amazing.
The standout one for me though is no.2 for exactly the same reasons that latestarter gave.
Fantastic clarity, detail and lighting throughout them all. I'd be very. very proud to have a set like this.

Mike - just come across this thread & must say your shots are fantastic - so a very well done :clap:

Back