FZ1000 or FZ1000 2 ?

Name
stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone.

I 'stupidly' sold my FZ2000 because I wanted a smaller compact camera for holidays. So after a lot of research, & for many personal resaons I've come full circle. I have decided to buy a FZ1000 or the Mk2 ( because they are similar to the FZ2000, but smaller & lighter ). Given that the Mk2 is double the price, am I wasting my money ? I don't do a lot of videos, and I don't print my photos either.

Please can anyone advise me which one to buy ?

TIA, STEVE

I've just had a look online to see what the difference is between the FZ1000 and the mk2. Seems like it boils down to a touchscreen, bluetooth connectivity and one extra control wheel, plus a couple of video features.

The sensor and the lens is the same, so you're going to get the same pictures; I did read on a forum that the mk2 has a faster lens motor, so you can zoom in to full telephoto slightly more quickly than you can on the original, and also the auto-focus might be slightly quicker; the guy who said that though did clarify that he hadn't actually done any timings, it was just how the two cameras felt in his hands.

I had an FZ1000 a few years ago and I really liked it, although at the time I didn't really know what I was doing with it. I had an FZ2000 until last year, and I liked that too, but I always had the feeling that it wasn't really doing anything for me that the FZ1000 didn't do... I think in your situation I'd go for the FZ1000, and with the money I'd saved, take myself somewhere nice for the day and take loads of photos!

Thanks for your reply, I know it's a difficult question. I think I'll take your advice and get the FZ1000, maybe even a brand new one.

Back