GAH! My d200 is dying??????

Edit My Images
Yes
Some random behaviour started last night.

Firstly, the onboard AF assist light appears to have stopped working, the one on the sb800 wouldn't fuction last night either. I was running on ikea AA cells with the extra battery on (5 cells) as all my eco-batteries were on charge!

This morning at work the flash has started firing little blips, fairly randomly, almost the same as the ones produced when you use FVlock. I took off the extra battery, put in some NiMH batteries and now the AF assist on the sb800 is working, but not the one on the camera still (yes I know it doesn't work when the sb800 is mounted)

It's mostly doing this when I move the camera around.

I think there must be a short or a dodgy connection around somewhere.

Any ideas?

The focus assist light is a menu option.... has this accidentally been disabled?

Have you tried a ... battery out ... wait a bit ... wait a bit more ... try again?

Resetting all the menu options to their defaults and, if that's not successful, setting the camera to default are the only other options I can think of.

The movement thingy I'd be inclined to dismiss (a bit!).....

Mine too mate, although I think mine is overheating causing dodgy internal connections

Get a canon. lol

I'd rather lick the sweat from a dead tramps scrotum.

Appears to be working fine now. Including the onboard Af assist.

Gah, damnable intermittent electrical faults. It's nearly as bad as my BMW lol!

(please, nobody suggest I should buy a Mercedes or an Audi!)

I'm wondering if it has anything with my cheapo Camera battery. There's a nikon one in there now so that maybe it.

Looks like I'm gonna have to do some exhaustive testing.

Just hope it holds up for the 2.5mill property I have to do tomoz. Gulp!

I'd rather lick the sweat from a dead tramps scrotum.

:puke: thats sick or are you just saying that because the dead don't sweat. :D

:nikon:

Coincidence.....

D300 round the corner and your D200 dying :D

Sounds like you 'need' and upgrade :LOL: :LOL:

if I upgrade then I'm selling everything and getting a d3. Dx lenses and the d200 will have to go, plus a kidney, the g/f, car, my soul, my stereo, the tv etc.

Looking more than likely now hurrumph.

Still, at least I'll get it 17.5% cheaper.

nah at least get rid of the g/f before a kidney....

Back