Game of Thrones Series 6,7 & 8 - Contains Spoilers

Just watched it. Ed Sheeran ruined it for me for a while, really pulled me out of the experience. When he said "It's a new song", I was half expecting him to follow it up with "Available to download from iTunes on Monday".

No more cameos please - the show doesn't need it.

Otherwise a great season opener, laying out the battlegrounds. And Euron looks like he might be a suitable replacement for Ramsay, completely bonkers. It's all that in-breeding, you know.

I don't think Ed was that bad, although it was fairly obvious he isn't a professional actor. I thought his song was way out of context though, it just sounded far too modern.

I agree on Euron, think he's going to develop into quite a fun character. In a bad way. :jimlad:

Ramsey was a guest on Thronecast after the programme, those dogs apparently were trained guard dogs :eek:
Not an Ed Shereen fan so didn't realise who it was :) Love the way Arya is developing, the opening scene was
brilliant

The opening scene was fantastic, it went downhill from there.

The Ed Sheeran scene was so totally out of character for the whole series it was just odd (a bunch of nice chaps in a wood with no agenda and no violence? really?).

I guess battle lines were drawn though so it bodes well for the rest of the series.

Actually, it would have been more in character had Arya slit Ed Sheeran's throat, before laying waste to the rest of the Lannister soldiers. I'd have paid good money to see that ;)

Though not in real life, obviously.

Why did Tyrian never make a play for the thrown? It's evident he has the capacity.

The Lannisters only grabbed the Throne by dint of Cersei marrying Barratheon, so he's not in direct line. He'd still have to bump off Cersei & Jamie to have a legitimate claim, I think. I don't think he's particularly interested in being King, either.

I lost the plots ages ago and just enjoy the theatre of it and episode 1 was soso I do think the budget is overpowering the script a bit.

Oo, things are getting exciting! Not wanting to say too much as don't want to spoil it for anyone but what do you all think, better episode this week or still slow? Looking forward to Thonecast in 20mins. Wonder who the guest will be.

Yes very good tonight. Thronecast fills in some of the bits that I miss.
Wonder what Cersi will do to her "prize"?

Nope even more confused, where did that dude come from on the boats and reek havoc.
who what huh?

lovely costumes though.

And there was me thinking that Theon had got over his, erm, de-sausaging trauma. Hopefully he can finally redeem himself at some point.

Will Arya ever get to meet up with Jon & Sansa? And was that her direwolf, or another one of the family? Will she be rejected the same way the direwolf rejected her?

And will Samwell have enough Savlon to cure Jorah? That cut from old scab features to the pie was epic.....

I think its great. But having come to GoT late I was able to watch whole series without having to wait a week between each episode. With my memory I've pretty much forgotten what happened last week. (This is first series I've watched live)

I think its great. But having come to GoT late I was able to watch whole series without having to wait a week between each episode. With my memory I've pretty much forgotten what happened last week. (This is first series I've watched live)
I tend to forget too which is why the next episodes contain so many surprises! A binge of all the episodes once the series has finished fills in gaps :)

Reactions: BBR
And there was me thinking that Theon had got over his, erm, de-sausaging trauma. Hopefully he can finally redeem himself at some point.

Will Arya ever get to meet up with Jon & Sansa? And was that her direwolf, or another one of the family? Will she be rejected the same way the direwolf rejected her?

And will Samwell have enough Savlon to cure Jorah? That cut from old scab features to the pie was epic.....

It was her direwolf and the point being that the direwolf is doing exactly what she would do in the same situation - not do what she's told. It's bound to come back later though.

It was her direwolf and the point being that the direwolf is doing exactly what she would do in the same situation - not do what she's told. It's bound to come back later though.

Exactly. It was her direwolf. That will feature later.

What an episode! Poss the best one so far. Does anyone else think that Jon secretly bent the knee/drew the Night King? We're wondering if Qyburn applied poison to the arrows?! Can't bear to loose Drogon! Please can the next episode be on now?! Does anyone watch the Alt Shift X vids on YouTube? Def recommend them, brilliant!

I want one of the dragons to take a disliking to Jon, have Jon burn with dragon fire but remain unscathed. King of Ice and Fire, born of flesh and again of steel! Too much? Probably.. but it would be awesome! Little miss DT needs to buck up, breaker of chains, planter of daisies and god knows what else.. pff!. That intro she gets grinds my gears more so than anything else on the entire program. What ever happened to be humble like snow? Like a true king or queen should be!? Snow rules by respect and not by choice, she rules because she feels entitled to like all he other kinds and queens who have met their ends. Maybe she should bend the damn knee!

I was thinking it would be good if the dragon lady had gone speared

Danny could easily be captured, what with Drogon looking a bit peaky.... I suspect the bolt was poisoned (there's enough of the stuff in Knot's Landing). I suspect Jon Snow is going to get his wings next week.

So how did Jamie escape that then? One minute he's plunging to his death in what seemed to be very deep water, the next he's hauling himself out of the shallows, miles away from any battle. All a bit too convenient if you ask me.

Is Cersei lying about the sprog?

Got to say, I'm not sold on this season. The more I think about it, the more rushed it is. Scenes I would love to see more of are so short... Field of Fire 2 was amazing though. Also, where the hell has Ghost gone, he's literally, well, a ghost this season :(

Yes, agreed. Everything feels very rushed, at the expense of a lot of the enjoyable background exposition we used to get. Also, everyone seems to be travelling around Westeros very quickly now, whereas in earlier seasons it would take weeks to travel across the country. Jon Snow seemed to go from from Dragonstone to the Wall in a rowing boat! It took Stannis almost an entire season to do the same trip (albeit with an army in tow). You'd have thought he would have gone via Winterfell, since it's en route, to see his newly returned siblings too.

Well, folk in Spain are now an episode ahead as HBO "accidentally" aired the next episode last night. :LOL:

Well that was truly epic!! I feel I can't "chat" about it on here for fear of spoiling it for others, come on you lot, watch it already!

Yeah but you just knew that would happen ;)

It's starting to lose me, some of the plot holes are getting ridiculous and the character exchanges all to blunt and obvious. The character and plot evolution was one of the reasons this was so much more than swords and dragon geekery and its losing it in a Vin Diesel movie way.

That wee Beastie is going to be trouble. :ROFLMAO:

No dragons were harmed in the making of this episode. :)

Final episode next week! Reducing the amount of episodes per series is kinda rubbish to be honest especially given the wait is going to be 10-12months again! Why can't it be like that drivel eastenders that's on every other night :D

The next wait will be longer, but allegedly, each episode of the final series will be 2hrs.

Well last night's was a bit lame I have to say. About time a dragon got killed mind you and now it will come back as the undead blimey. It's turning into a bit if a comedy TV series now.

It's weird, so much seems to have happened this season and yet little has actually happened:

Danny arrived at Westeros, won and lost some battles - as per usual for her.
Bran, Arya and Sansa met up with no consequence so far - and yet Bran knows everything but hasn't said anything useful.
Jon Snow has been up & down the country & got rescued at the last minute by a woman. Again.
Sam cured Jorah, but had his father & brother chargrilled by his BFF's latest squeeze, ignores Gilly. Again.
Jorah is just being Jorah. Still.
Gendry returned & turns out to be a fast runner (presumably not from his Father's side of the gene pool) & quite good at bonking (definitely from the Father's side)
Cersei is possibly up the duff (I think she's lying), & throws women into the dungeons for a horrible death. Again.
Jaime won some battles and lost some battles. Again.
An aging British thesp croaked it (Diana Rigg). Again.

Plus ca change......

Back