Garden Exhibition - Chinese Style

Edit My Images
Yes
Shenyang, where my daughter-in-law comes from, held an International Garden Exhibition in 2006. It is a city, of 7 mn people, which I had never heard of. In this image, there is part of a KFC bucket with the outlet situated in a WalMart, Shenyang has two Walmarts. On the same street, the golden M: further down this one street are another two MacDs and another KFC.

#1 - Consumerism Chinese style

2889902822_b0206e06dc_o.jpg

We went round the Garden Exhibition in September 2007.

#2 - this statue is in the Rose Garden

2889048539_b00a61be9c_o.jpg

#3 - the Tulip tower which has an observation platform

2889882424_99ddfe7b00_o.jpg

#4 - they do have real flowers too, here's one

2889882488_625de564bc_o.jpg

#5 - part of the British Garden, it seems we all have one of these statues in our garden

2889882570_cc6fd54f68_o.jpg

#6 - don't know what it means

2889048915_989c540373_o.jpg

#7 - nor what this lady is doing

2889882740_2d2cac08a7_o.jpg

#8 - another statue

2889882782_374ab73d60_o.jpg

#9 - I think this was the US Garden

2889049157_042d50a534_o.jpg

#10 - some trees at the exit

2889883036_cba835b773_o.jpg

There were lots of signs which the grass had written, extolling us to be nice to it and couched in the politest of English. There were shows and loads of things to do. Let's hope it doesn't go the way of the festival gardens in Liverpool. All images taken with an Ixus 900 ti P&S.

Thanks Barry, I did like that one most. My daughter-in-law was doing wedding preparations stuff that day, so we have no explanation as to the significance of the statue.

great set of pictures
lady in #6 looks like she's having a post-coital smoke!:naughty:

Great set of shots Russell. I really like the Tulip Tower (y)

great set of pictures
lady in #6 looks like she's having a post-coital smoke!:naughty:

Thanks, I think they are supposed to represent innocence which may be incompatible with a post-coital smoke. I can see what you mean though, the "my wasn't that good" look on her face.

Great set of shots Russell. I really like the Tulip Tower (y)

Thanks, the Tulip Tower is spectacular and luckily there is this angle where the old world arch can be in juxtaposition to the very modern and sleek tower. We didn't get time to go up it. Next time when we are in Shenyang then the temperature will be below freezing and it may well be off our stopping points.

Number one would have been better if you had got the street into the scene too and not cut off the brollies, people, bus and trees. Apart from that, good holiday snaps for your album.

Number one would have been better if you had got the street into the scene too and not cut off the brollies, people, bus and trees. Apart from that, good holiday snaps for your album.

Thanks for your comments which, sadly, I can't address in this thread.

Nice set Russ. I particularly like the juxtaposition of old and new in No 3 and the very unusual and beautiful statue in 2.

Andy

Nice set Russ. I particularly like the juxtaposition of old and new in No 3 and the very unusual and beautiful statue in 2.

Andy

Thanks Andy. There's a contradiction between the two; for me #3 is all about how smart the Chinese are at posing these paradoxes and #2 is a statue of gold roses which seems garish to me.

Back