Critique Garden Life.... IDs required

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Still on the learning curve with the tubes and trying to keep still... I had been feeling like I have been losing my way. Now it may be that I'm being too critical of my work but I did come back with some I liked though didnt look great on camera screen (I know dont trust the screen). Also having issue with ring flash where it seems to refuse to fire I guess because it doesnt think it can light the scene. I really want to improve so any suggestions and critique always welcome.

These all shot with Tamron 90mm and full set of extension tubes and handheld though for the spider wished I could have been bothered to set-up tripod though with tubes on think I will need a tripod collar so strain is not all on camera to lens connection. Tamron set between 1:1 and 1:3 depending on size of bug.

After shooting macro my eyes go all blurry does any one else get that? Guessing its the concentration looking through the small viewfinder.

Anyway enough blabber...

My Favourite

You can see some more on my flickr page by clicking any of the pictures.

Last edited:
good set there, Bryn. The last one for me is great

Bryn you're doing good here & I love the last one (y)

Thanks Guys, does anyone know the names of bugs #2/3?

#2 had bright yellow striping but cause it had decided to show itself on my daughters slide which is also yellow not coming out as bright.

Great work Bryn, I really love that last spider shot. I think this is one of my favs of yours. Great job focusing on those eyes!

#2 looks like an aphid to me, and #3 is a minute pirate bug.

Thanks @TimmyG always nice to get some people favs though not sure that I really knew what I was doing at that stage slightly blinded/blurred vision. Found out it was the diopter on viewfinder was not set correctly.

Back