Garden ornament

Name
John Moncrieff
Edit My Images
Yes
This would make an interesting shed...
_JJM8697.jpg

_JJM8696.jpg

It's a very rare Potez 840 which made a belly landing at Sumburgh Airport in the early 80's. It was used as a fire-training aircraft, until it was due to be removed and scrapped when the runway extension was built. The chap who has it now rescued it and hopes to reattach the wings and keep it on display.

John

Last edited:
Hmm, similar to the guy in NE Lincs with some EE P1 Lightenings in his back yard. I prefer flying things with feathers myself.

I know how much the missus moans when I buy a new bit of camera kit or parts for the car, imagine her surprise when she comes home to see this thing!!

Brilliant!!

hi, i live in ne lincs and not heard of lightnings in someones yard.. do you know where abouts at all please? i know there was one years back on a farm in humberstone and he had a sea king too i think...

hi, i live in ne lincs and not heard of lightnings in someones yard.. do you know where abouts at all please? i know there was one years back on a farm in humberstone and he had a sea king too i think...

I have seen one just off the A1 but cannot remember where.

I wonder how he transported it home - on the roof-rack of the van parked at the rear?

Good capture.

On the road between Grainthorpe & Yarburgh. They have been there for the last 10-15 years but I couldn't remember seeing them the last time I was there (April 2009) maybe they have been moved.

Back