Garden party

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
using canon 300d no filters, no touch up,
leanne6mk.jpg

I see you have sorted your link out now.

Nice natural shot. Great expression.

Not too important with something personal like this but it looks like the focus is not quite on her eyes. Still a good picture.

Oh and welcome to the forum :)

Welcome Madpup, again a little PS work will turn this into a really good shot, well done!

Good candid shot dude. Was this just a random person picked out of a crowd? If so, brilliant. As above though, it's just a little soft.

Yes that does look better Ianc, but im not very good with the ps,
and yes Gandhi it was a ramdom shot (never like them to pose).
thanks for the feedback guys, iv been on a couple of forums where my
pics got slated, glad this is not the case here.

Madpup said:
Yes that does look better Ianc, but im not very good with the ps,
and yes Gandhi it was a ramdom shot (never like them to pose).
thanks for the feedback guys, iv been on a couple of forums where my
pics got slated, glad this is not the case here.

Best bet is to practice on a pic then, have a good read through this article and give it a go ! it cant hurt ! :)

http://www.thephotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2480

There is absolutely no point slating someones pictures or they will not be motivated to take more ! we tend to offer criticism but offer help and hints too ! so if its not great, try to help you make it that way !! :)

Nice shot which is really improved by the sharpening.

We don't slate people's efforts here, and anyone who took that attitude would soon get squished! ;) We all have one common aim here and that's to try to take better pictures, so any criticism which is proferred is always intended with the best motives. If we all responded with "Wow -fantastic -great shot" comments all the while, it wouldn't get us very far, but when you're reading a critique of your pics always try to remember that it's just that person's opinion anyway, and isn't necessarily correct. Good constructive criticism is what we all need though if we're to going to improve and not become complacent about what we do. :)

Thanks CT
i can take criticism, as you say this is the way we improve, what i could not take is when a old hand tells me to give up cos i never be any good.
while i might never be has good has he is, at least im trying, so i left that fourm about three years ago, and by luck i came across your fourm while surfing and thought sod it i'll give it another go, and going by the adutted of the members here im sure i was just unlucky with my first forum.
thanks again guys.

I have just come to this thread from your other snow picture posts, I can see that the above follows the advice that I offered in the other thread and I am glad to see that you are happy to be given help.

I also see the other guys have already pointed out our ethos here, hopefully you will stay around and improve to such a level that the old pros will be seeking help and advice from you. You may not be able to teach old dogs new tricks, but digital photography is such a new and vast area that we can all learn a great deal and the room for improvement is immense. It is ignorant for any of us to assume that we know everything, and that attitude will not be seen or tolerated here. :)

Steve said:
You may not be able to teach old dogs new tricks

Well that's just killed any hope I have of getting better :p

You're right about not knowing everything. No society likes a knowall, especially a cocky one.

There is so much more for me to learn, so I personally could never be one to profess to know everything....
Devilishly handsome and gods gift to women, yes, but I certainly don't know everything :D

Madpup said:
Seeing that god is a woman, that would be chocolate then!!
:coat:

Well my wife did say something about being full of fat, and she didn't like how I stuck to her hips.

Seeing that god is a woman
This is very true, and can be proven thus - what MALE god would have created man and put the testicles on the outside?? EH?! :ponders:

The same male god that put breasts on women as a visual reminder to us men how good he has been to us? :D

Back