Garden Spider

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
One from the garden, and appropriately, a shot of a Garden Spider with a large meal ahead of him/her

Canon 7D, Canon 100mmf2.8USM, Raynox 150, Yongnuo Ring Flash with milk bottle strips as diffusers ( thanks to Mr Iddon for the Diffuser tips )

Camera in Manual : 1/125th @ f13 iso100
Flash in Manual : @ 1/4 power

_MG_6860-Edit.jpg

_MG_6860-Edit-2.jpg

Thank for the feedback on my last shot and thanks for looking.

Andy...:)

Looks like your getting there.
2 nice shots.

Focus spot on. Good detail shown in #2. Is it a crop from #1?

You might like to try (in Lightroom-speak) raising the exposure by about half a stop and pulling the Highlights down (in Lightroom, all the way down, -100).

You might be interested to compare that with (Lightroom numbers again, or ACR, same numbers) pulling the Highlights all the way down and the Shadows all the way up, and in this case raising the exposure by a quarter of a stop or a bit less.

Andy you are getting to be quite good now. I like the view point too. Bet he went to sleep after eating that dinner. :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks, John, Graham, Nick and Charles...pleased you like them (y)

Hi Nick...the first shot is 98% of FF and the second is a further crop of that, there was quite a bit of detail in the spider that you could not see at Full Frame, so I thought it deserved a closer look.

Will give the processing another go and see how it looks re your suggestions :)

Nice pair of images, well done (y)

Lovely couple Andy - you certainly have made strides in the right direction m8.

Paul.
Thanks Paul...your help, along with Nick's has been greatly appreciated, I followed your advice and made my diffusers out of twin strips of Milk Bottle plastic and they seem to be working a treat (y)

Thanks Jak, pleased you like them :)

Back