GAS.. should be GAD!

Now don't start me on guitars because seriously I could have opened a shop with the guitars I've had and sold,makes me feel ill if I think about it

Now don't start me on guitars because seriously I could have opened a shop with the guitars I've had and sold,makes me feel ill if I think about it

I wonder if I should ask my wife to read this thread....... I've probably owned 30 guitars since I started playing 40 years ago.

my biggest is a Flamenco Guitar that I bought from a well know maker in Toromellinos '82,,I went to his little workshop where he had just finished building it.it was a beautiful responsive guitar that my mother bought for me.
I would give all my guitars away just to have that one back.

my biggest is a Flamenco Guitar that I bought from a well know maker in Toromellinos '82,,I went to his little workshop where he had just finished building it.it was a beautiful responsive guitar that my mother bought for me.
I would give all my guitars away just to have that one back.

That's a difficult one.

GAD should stand for gear acquisition denial. There is nothing wrong with any of the cameras these days. The problem is the release of endorphins that you get when you think you find a ''bargain' or when your new camera is delivered. Also your mind constantly thinks this will be the 'one' camera.
The first thing you need to do in these situations is realise you have an addiction. Until you can accept this the problem will never end.

GAD should stand for gear acquisition denial. There is nothing wrong with any of the cameras these days. The problem is the release of endorphins that you get when you think you find a ''bargain' or when your new camera is delivered. Also your mind constantly thinks this will be the 'one' camera.
The first thing you need to do in these situations is realise you have an addiction. Until you can accept this the problem will never end.
And we dont need people messaging us saying you should buy that fuji x100s in the ads :rolleyes::p:D:LOL::ROFLMAO:

In no Particular Order :)

Canon 5d x2
Canon 5d mkii x2
Canon 5dmkiii x2
Canon 6d x2
Canon 7D x2
Canon 1D MKIII
Canon 600D
Canong gx1mark 1
Panasonic GX1
Panasonic GH4
Panasonic G3
Pentax k3
Pentax k1
Nikon d3300
Nikon D750 x2
Nikon d800
Nikon d800e
Nikond810 x2
Nikon 1
Nikon df
Nikon D700
NIKON D7000
Leica q
Leica M-E
Sony rx1r
Sonyrx1 x2
Olympus omd em5 mk1
Olympus omd em5 mk2
Olympus EM1 mk 1
Olympus Pen f
Olympus EPL-1
Fujix100 x2
Fuji x100s x2
Fuji x100f
Fuji xpro1
Fuji xe1
Fuji x10
Fuji xt1 x2
Sony a7 x2
Sony a7r x2
Sonyrx100
Pentacon six
Minolta srt-101
Panasonic TZ-100

I think that is it off the top of my head
I think we can add another Sony RX1 now making it 3.:ROFLMAO:

We clearly need a 12 step programme!

I'm pretty sure I have 12+ cameras. Still working up to it in bikes (just managed to get a 4th.)

I have been through loads of cameras and systems. I've recently switched back to FF Canon from Fuji, and ironically I'm shooting with a very similar set up to what I was shooting with 3 years ago. Has all the changing about made my photography any better? No. Would I have saved a bit of money not switching? Yeah probably, but I'm savvy enough with re-selling that I rarely lose a lot on a camera switch.

I know its a waste of time and money, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it!

I am getting the urge to go out and buy another camera. Although I do keep looking at camcorders, I keep veering back to a decent compact.

Cameras are so desirable and I’m guilty as the next man but fortunately ( I think ) I’ve got a bit of OCD and minimalism so I get shut of everything and start again , bit difficult with lenses but it’s well under control.
Currently after Nikon dslr and lenses :

Panasonic GX80
20 mm
30 mm macro
30-100mm
100-300mm

This is 100% true. I do this with mobiles all the time. I have had at least 15 in the last two years and I dread to think how many over the last 25... Cameras and lenses are now steadily taking over from that particular addiction. But nothing beats the feeling of opening a new box that's just arrived :D

And I thought I had a problem....

I have, for years, been a Canon shooter, my first being my EOS620 film camera (First of the EOS era with the 650). Before that I had played with a number of systems, Zenit, Pentax (loved my ME Super) and Nikon (F90). I then had a lapse, focusing my interests on other stuff (I am a licensed Radio Amateur - another expensive hobby) but got back into photography with a 350D which my wife bought me for a Birthday present. That led to the following:

40D, 50D, 7D, 6D & 7D2. Until recently the 6D & 7D2 were still in my possession. However, about 2 years ago I picked up my Brother-in-law's X-T1, and when I had a good month, ended up buying the T1 and a couple of lenses. Then the X-T2 came out, and I realised that this and the 100-400 were actually lighter than my Sigma 150-600, so you know what happened.

I have now moved on all of my Canon gear (other than the 620), and one of my X-T1's (the other went to my son with a couple of lenses). My kit now comprises 2 x X-T2's and a range of lenses. I do lust for a Fuji GF-X50S though..... :D

And it's ok to say that if you can flip the cameras to break even or just a small loss or even profit that this somehow justifies the addiction. But what about all the actual ' real time' that is wasted by doing this.
I used to be like the rest of you and it took me a long time to realise I had this addiction.
I haven't bought a new camera in over 18 months now and I've never felt better about photography. There is hope for all of you!!!
Well apart from at least 3 of you on here! Hehe.

And it's ok to say that if you can flip the cameras to break even or just a small loss or even profit that this somehow justifies the addiction. But what about all the actual ' real time' that is wasted by doing this.
I used to be like the rest of you and it took me a long time to realise I had this addiction.
I haven't bought a new camera in over 18 months now and I've never felt better about photography. There is hope for all of you!!!
So that dp1 or was it 2 or 3 was just an illusion? :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

FWIW it's not *ccompulsory* to have an addiction to buying & trading gear. I bought my first DSLR in 2013, acquired my second (used) in 2015 and a third (old, used, IR converted) in 2017.

Back