GAS

:eek:Just read that the new 100-400 is not going to be a trombone...that is why I traded my old one in a couple of months ago... O no, temptation...again.

:clap:Still resisting the 7d2... How's that going for the sports /wildlife shooters out there...?

;)Of course you do.... It would be rude not to. You can't take it with you! :clap:

I've actually cured my GAS, and it was a particuarly strong case (in the past 5 years I've owned Nikon, Canon, Panasonic, Olympus, Fuji and Sony gear!) After finally realising that 35mm was my happy medium in terms of focal length, and it got to the point where 90% of my photography was at 35mm, I took a leap of faith...

I sold everything and bought this...

Sony RX1
by Harry_S, on Flickr

Aside from a bunch of batteries and a new - very small - camera bag there is literally nothing to add or spend more money on. It's quite liberating! I've got no desire to buy anything else, the RX1 goes absolutely everywhere with me, it is awesome for my newborn as it's absolutely silent, and I still struggle to comprehend the image quality every time I load photos into LR.

One small confession to make, with the amount of cash I found myself sitting on I bought a new MacBook Pro ;)

Last edited:
One small confession to make, with the amount of cash I found myself sitting on I bought a new MacBook Pro ;)[/QUOTE]

Ha ha.. BrillIant... Now what about that spectacular printer to do it all justice!!? :ROFLMAO:

Ha ha.. BrillIant... Now what about that spectacular printer to do it all justice!!? :ROFLMAO:

Im throwing spare funds at actually going places to take photos, it's almost sensible! One lens or 3 nights in NYC, no brainer...

:woot:Another lapse...22mm...for my EOS M..can't wait. Not many shopping days left until Christmas

Oh dear, after months of resisting I've caved in. Tomorrow will see the following landing on my mat.
sigma 150mm f2.8 OS Macro, RS80 remote trigger, yn622 c-tx and a couple,of other related bits. I'm now resisting a Lencarta Atom with modifiers :)

X-30. :D

:clap:I had forgotten about Black Friday... It would be rude not to look!

:clap:I had forgotten about Black Friday... It would be rude not to look!

`Black Friday`.......it'd be rude not too! :)

Now waiting for the Nikon 80-400mm af-s nikkor f4.5-5.6G ED VR to be delivered.

Any more of you succumbed after deals at the weekend!! my Eos M finished its long journey yesterday... Will aim to get out and try it today. That 7D2 is looking very tempting once the price drops...

I've had a serious bout of GAS these last couple of days, but seem to have come through it now. All it took was the ordering of a low miler D700 and an 85mm 1.4D :eek:

The body is due to arrive today, the lens was too but UPS have left it in transit somewhere :(

GRRRRRRRRRRR my GAS is making my legs twitch. UPS have left my new lens at another depot, the worst bit was the guy arrived in a van outside, searched the van then drove off. Minutes later i received an email saying they'd left it at the depot :( Such is my want for this lens, that i'm heading down the M6 in rush-hour on a Friday to pick it up from the depot 40 minutes away :LOL: Best be worth it now!

Last week I bought a Pentax FA 20-35mm f4, Tamron 24-135mm and Pentax 18-135mm for my K-5IIs and a Canon 70-200mm f2.8 MKII for the 7D, Saturday afternoon I broke my ankle in 3 places.

That's 4 lenses sitting on the side for the next couple of months while I am at home unable to work

..... looking for something else to buy :banana:

Last edited:
Use the new lenses to take pictures of the other new lenses :D

Got mine now, made up with it, it's a minter and as an added bonus it's one of the last run made in 2010 before being discontinued, so at most it's 4 years old, there was the potential for it to be 19 years old :)

So, come on, who else has persuaded themselves that they must have something new?

I am struggling to suppress pre-Christmas GAS. I have often said I can resist anything but temptation..... especially this time of year.

My dilemma is waiting to see what Nikon offers its DX owners early next year, or to make the move to full frame now. I have a venerable D300 which has served me well but the urge to change is becoming unstoppable. ( I wonder if you can get anti-GAS pills prescribed?).

My choices are wait for the D7100 successor when it comes, or buy a D750 or even a D810 now. Moving to full frame would stimulate more GAS as I would need to buy a couple of new lenses too, the new Nikon 20mm F1.8 looks tempting, along with a mid range zoom.

I too am battling the pre Christmas GAS, I've been after better reach in low light for some time and am trying to decide between 120-300 sport with converters or sigma 150-600 sport and replacing my Tamron 70-200 VC with the Canon 70-200 2.8 IS ii along with a mk3 1.4 converter. Decisions, decisions, overall costs would be about the same!

I'm waiting to hear what the difference is between a cash price and a trade in price on an old Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 before deciding if I want/need anything new. I'm trying to keep GAS under control until the ?-400 XF Fuji is released next year sometime but have slipped up a couple of times recently, once with a semi-planned upgrade (X-3000 and once with an impulse buy of a Panny FX72 for its humungous reach (basically a toy but somewhat more affordable than the DSLR equivalent...)

I was toying with a D810, or even the D750, but like Brian i'll see what's announced in the new year, then wait a few months till they're readily available.
(just changed cars too, so funds are about zero ATM anyway)

Spent all afternoon thinking about GAS today.. looking to sell my RX1R and Canon 135mm f2..

Then I might consider the A7S and Leica 50mm 1.4 ASPH LUX - well that's still a maybe, I'll keep thinking on it whilst I make the sales..

Having spent about 7 years buying all my Nikon gear (4 bodies) and my dream lenses (24-70 2.8 ,70-200mm2.8 and a 150-500) I then bought an X10 last year and added an X20 this year and never seem to use anything but the X20.:banghead:

Have now moved to Fuji with the addition of an X-pro1 and XT-1 along with 18-55mm and 10-24mm lens, although still keeping a couple of Nikon bodies and lens.

It's no good..... I gave in ....... the pre-Christmas GAS was too much. I have been partially degassed.......

Just ordered myself a Nikon D750 with 24-120 VR lens....

CSC was my GAS attack last Christmas. I bought a Lumix G6 with 14-140mm lens. It's great to take out when going for a walk, small & light.

It's no good..... I gave in ....... the pre-Christmas GAS was too much. I have been partially degassed.......

Just ordered myself a Nikon D750 with 24-120 VR lens....

I'm holding out until after Christmas before ordering a D750 body, although I'm not sure why !

Back