Gateway to Snowy Mountains

Edit My Images
Yes
Took this photo yesterday after the snow eased. PP in CS3 extended.:) C&C most welcome.

P1020010edited2_copy.jpg

For me youv'e just got a shot that would make a great Christmas card well done, is this where you live?

like it! (y)
i wonder if a slightly wider angle would have shown the track where it leaves and rejoins in the distance?

For me youv'e just got a shot that would make a great Christmas card well done, is this where you live?

Thanks Ian,(y) I live approx. 30 miles away. The mountains are located outside Killarney, Co. Kerry, Ireland on the road to Cork city.
Its unusual to get snow in these parts, so I was lucky to get the shot.:) while driving home from Cork.

like it! (y)
i wonder if a slightly wider angle would have shown the track where it leaves and rejoins in the distance?
Thanks for your reply(y) Could not get a wider angle as I used a compact (Panasonic DCM-TZ3). Anyway the track leads down to an orange/terracota painted house lower down in the valley. Spotted this house a mile back, but could pull the car off the road due to snow & traffic. Kicking myself :shake: The pic. would have had a lovely composition as the orange coloured house stood out against the white snow etc. etc. I will be back:) when it snows again ??????:shrug:

Back