Daily Gazmorton2000's first ever 366.

• Thread starter Deleted member 21335
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21335

My first ever go at a photo a day for a year. Wish me luck. C&C welcome on the images too, especially the people ones. :)

First up......

001/366

Snuggled up by gazmorton2000, on Flickr

Two brilliant images (y) I really like them both but for me it's the second one (y) you can see there is a lot of concentration there (y) it just screams "measure twice, cut once" (y)

Best of luck in your challenge (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks Matt for the feedback! Just on the phone at the moment but will have a look at everyone else's threads and make some comments when back on the big 'pooter. :)

Thanks for the comments folks. :)

Here is 003/366....Had a hard time today as been pretty busy so you will have to settle for a self portrait. Feel free to C&C the shot, go easy on the model though....

1. I are a Jedi!

003/366 by gazmorton2000, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Thanks for your comment Matt. WIll try and have a look at others threads in the next day or two. :)

005/366 - Wigan Pier at Dusk
GNM_1560-1000d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
006/366
Had a rather busy day today so had to do something else in the house. Not totally happy with it, but I took a photo. Feel free to tell me how to improve it etc.

006/366 by gazmorton2000, on Flickr

I really like this one Gaz - Good shot. I like the way the stem leads you into and across the frame!

Matt

Thanks Matt and Stewart for your comments.

Stewart, I shot in Manual with a shutter speed and aperture that gave a completely black photo, then lit with an SB900 camera left firing through an umbrella. And bit of the background that the light caught, I simply used the exposure brush in Lightroom to make it completely black.

Thanks Nick and Michael.....

007/366 - Docks and Wheel.

Another trip to Liverpool for today's photo. Didn't get a lot, it was properly :cold: Thought I'd try a different view of this here wheel...

Still, glad to be posting a photo a day though......

007/366 by gazmorton2000, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Thanks for your comments Matt. :)

008/366 - Bevan, who's at the door?

Didn't get much today, partially down to the weather, but I really liked the moment caught here. Had the camera in hand at the right time. Having it on me more often seems to be paying off..

008/366 by gazmorton2000, on Flickr

Thanks for looking as always. :)

That last pic made me smile.

The best one has to be that OCF self portait, I commented on it in the actually thead but yeh, I still like it!

Some great shots here keep it up! Definitiley know what you mean about having the camera handy!

Thanks, Image Warrior.

009/366 - Marine Lake

Worst one so far IMO. Came back with a load of rubbish from this evenings trip out. Best of a bad bunch shall have to do for my 366.

009/366 by gazmorton2000, on Flickr

Thank Penguin, and of course, the other folk who commented.

I am struggling already with this and it's only day 10. Can't see me lasting the full term to be honest.

Thanks Matt. Can't believe your in year 2 of this!! I know other folk who have done it before too. It's so difficult!!

Anyway, here is tonight's effort. I think that street lamp really detracts, but this was the angle I wanted on it really, so street lamp(s) have to stay. Anyway, at least I got out and took a photo! Still can't believe I have another 356 to go. Not sure I will make it!

010/366 - Face of Wigan (night time)

010/366 by gazmorton2000, on Flickr

I'm sure that you will, I felt like that at times, and I still feel mad for taking it on :eek: but it's really good fun I promise and you will learn so much about your camera it's unreal there are many things that I had not done before when I first started my challenge last year, such as star trails, HDR etc and now I feel like I can really do the styles some justice (y)

As to today's edition I really like it and I think that your giving the street light to much thought it's not that distracting and has provided a really nice burst effect (y)

Matt

I would agree with what has already been said, normally i would try and avoid street lights but in this case i think its really added to the photo!

Thanks very much for your comments. :)

Struggled very much today. Drove round very uninspired so resorted to taking one from the bookshelf. No real photographic merit I don't think, but a photo for the day nonetheless.

011/366 - Needful Things

011/366 by gazmorton2000, on Flickr

Yup, what they said about 10, really good image.

As for 11, don't worry as we'll all be there at some point.

Back