Geared Heads

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
I am looking for some advice from anyone that uses geared heads, manfrotto 410 Junior or 405pro specifically. I have a d800 and a nikon 28-300 that's on it most if the time for landscapes. It has always been a ball head I've used but notice it's sagging more now and I think it's time to move up to something better, I like the look of theses heads would the smaller one do? or will I benefit from the pro head? Any advice would be appreciated thank you

I just want something that I won't outgrow, i really like the precision of the geared heads and presume that they would mostly be used for landscapes

Hi harleyfatboy

I also own a 410, love it, it is good for a 5Kg load, your rig is about 2Kg? it is 1.2Kg plus a decent tripod 2-3Kg, think on you have to carry this lot about, but if you want accurate framing you wont be dissapointed,
Oh and welcome to the forum.

Pete

The 410 is my choice for precision "aiming". Can be set up quickly with the gear releases then adjusted very accurately with the other knobs. Sometimes turn up on second hand shelves but don't tend to stay there long.

Back