Geforce GTX 670 problem

Name
Pete (really)
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

I'm having problems with the above graphics card, just recently, when playing online games that use flash, on first opening the browser (chrome), everything is fine but, once I've had a few games, the graphics become very choppy, to the point it's unusable.
I've tried reinstalling the drivers, updating, going back to previous drivers and, reinstalling chrome and updating flash but can't get rid of the problem.
Does anyone have any other ideas?
Thanks.

Not a games player online or otherwise so maybe some more info?

What OS are you using and as appropriate did your problems start after any updates?

You say it becomes unusable......but what happens if you reboot and start again?

Win 10 pro, no updates when it started.

Don't even need to reboot, if I close chrome and restart, it's back to normal for about ten minutes, then starts going downhill again.

Only a couple random thoughts???

Memory leak (as what you describe just reminds of such degradation of a program running?)

Throttling by your ISP of online gaming services???

Looking into memory leak, checked everything else, thanks

Sorry, misread the flash bit. Sounds software related. Have you tried a different browser or are they Chrome specific games?

I hate these sort of problems and often suspect that uninstalling / reinstalling never works because of all the crap left behind in the registry etc.

on't even need to reboot, if I close chrome and restart, it's back to normal for about ten minutes, then starts going downhill again.

sounds like a memory leak to me, how much ram do you have- load up task manager and watch your ram usage
chrome is a bit of a notorious ram hog- if you dont have at least 16gb, might be worth upgrading

Flash shouldn't tax gpu, I think there is a gpu acceleration tickbox but it shouldn't grind it to a halt.

Flash needs to die, its never been a good plugin. Presumably you're manually enabling flash as chrome default is to block if I remember rightly?

The website isn't mining cryptocurrency with your GPU while you play, is it?
Wouldn't be the first time...

Flash shouldn't tax gpu, I think there is a gpu acceleration tickbox but it shouldn't grind it to a halt.

Flash needs to die, its never been a good plugin. Presumably you're manually enabling flash as chrome default is to block if I remember rightly?
Chrome doesn't actually use flash - it has it's own engine, so that may be the issue?

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, don't really know if it was anything I did but, it's been back to normal the last day or so, may have been a problem their end.

Back