Beginner General Purpose Lens for Nikon D90

Name
Raja
Edit My Images
No
Hello, I'm new to this forum and new to photography compared to you guys. Just wondering if anyone can advise on a decent general purpose lens for an upcoming family wedding. I've just got a second hand Nikon D90 body only.

Hello, I'm new to this forum and new to photography compared to you guys. Just wondering if anyone can advise on a decent general purpose lens for an upcoming family wedding. I've just got a second hand Nikon D90 body only.
Hi

Welcome to TP. Might be worth start your own thread with the same question.

Hi

Welcome to TP. Might be worth start your own thread with the same question.

Or, even Better - I can magically put it into it's own new thread, in the correct area of the forum, and hopefully someone who uses Nikon kit can actually give you an answer @Raja Saeed :)

The classic 'standard' lens for the D90 is Nikon's 16-85mm. Looks like they're around £240 upwards secondhand. I had one for a good number of years and was never disappointed with the results.

Can't argue with those two recommendations but my most used lens on my D90 was the 35mm 1.8 - great for everything, small and light.

Thank you for moving the thread.

With regards to lens, I would also go with the Tamron 17-50 non vc, but if you are happy with primes then the 35mm is a good lens.

If you give us a budget you may get more recommendations.

Also what lens do you already have, depending on the venue it may be beneficial to invest in a flash if it is mainly indoors and you already have a lens.

Back