General Shooting.

Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

I was looking for some further advice, can anybody please recommend a lens that is in a reasonable price range for everyday general shooting for my Nikon D3500?

Thanks,
J

What lens do you have already ?

What are you looking to do with a new lens ? (Sports/birds/portraits/landscapes etc)

I use the Tamron 16-300mm (equivalent to 24-450mm) on my Sony APS camera. It covers 90% of what I want to do. New price is around £450 but I got mine in mint condition from an Amazon seller for just over £350. Here are some samples...

Sony A65 8GB UnNumbered DSC00075.JPG

Sony A65 8GB UnNumbered DSC02211.JPG

Sony A65 8GB UnNumberewd DSC02126.JPG

Hi All,

I was looking for some further advice, can anybody please recommend a lens that is in a reasonable price range for everyday general shooting for my Nikon D3500?

Thanks,
J

You need to tell us if you already have some lenses, what your budget is for a new lens [or used] and what kind of general shooting you will be doing - could be street, landscape, wildlife, casual sports ... or all of these. Then something like Andrew suggested might do the trick, an all in one zoom. But if it's just shots of the kids playing, portraits and general family shots then a nice bright prime might be best. Something like the Nikon 35mm 1.8g is a great little all-rounder but it's a bit useless for wildlife

Back