Geoffrey Crawley RIP

Edit My Images
Yes
Acutol inventor and AP and BJP writer.
Apparently passed on last Friday 29 October.

C

What a sad piece of news! I loved the way he used to explain things in AP to the hard-of-thinking amongst us, although sometimes the optical stuff was just too much for me. He'll be missed!

Sorry to hear that, he wrote a lot of technically informative stuff for AP. RIP Geoffrey.

Thats sad to hear, his techie stuff was one of the few things in a photography magazine that could actually keep my attention for more than 5 minutes at a time. Heres hoping it doesn't herald a dumbing down of the comic. :(

The technical stuff he wrote on optics in AP I found quite interesting, sad to hear he's gone. I just hope that they can get another person to write about it in the same sort of informative but technical way.

That's sad he was a very intelligent man by the way he wrote about the optical side of lenses, a Patrick Moore of Photography no doubt.

Sad news, I have enjoyed his technical explanations and ideas for what seems like forever!

The original "geek" of photography

It must of hurt his brain to think down to our level.

Loved his writing

Lovely man, very knowlegable and a good writer-god bless him.
Mark

That has come as a bit of a shock. No mention of it in this week's AP, but I suppose it must have gone to press at that time. They have lost 2 good writers in Geoffrey Crawley, and Dr. Andrew Bell, just a few years back.

Back