Edit My Images
Yes
'Used to live in London'

'Got myself evicted after my housemates started taking drugs'

'I got into them in a big way'

'I am looking forward now'

'I have a fork lift truck licence'

'Maybe one day someone will employ me'

Now there's a guy I wouldn't like to bump into on a dark evening :eek: he looks really scary!

Cracking shot Diego...

Like minisays, he really DOES look scary...lol

they might employ him, if he keeps the way he looks in the photo I don't hold out much hope though......I am enjoying these studies :)

He looks like the sort of person we seem to employ in our petrol station lol.

Any particular reason you've chosen to process the image that way? Not that I think it's an issue, just curious I guess.

Gandhi said:
He looks like the sort of person we seem to employ in our petrol station lol.

Any particular reason you've chosen to process the image that way? Not that I think it's an issue, just curious I guess.

I actually processed the image several times over from RAW and this was my final result, using layers, channels, dodge and burn and some glow. I am trying to make every shot I take look different and represent the person I see - if that makes sense.

I think that using the same workflow could create a staid point of view so I like to try new things. Evidently some work and some dont - but its about developing I suppose.

With this one it might be easy to come up with a similar commentary ... if it wasn't there in the first place ... :p

A good study Diego ... (y)

Evidently some work and some dont

I think all that matters is if YOU are happy with the result, unless you're working on a commision or some such.

I quite like the idea of using the processing to communicate more about the character of the person in the shot. As you say, it will prevent the shots from becoming too samey, for want of better word.

I may try and drag some people over to Bath one sunny weekend for some street stuff if you're interested in a pie and pint and laugh at the locals?

minimeeze said:
Now there's a guy I wouldn't like to bump into on a dark evening :eek: he looks really scary!

Yes, good point, can you indicate which dark alleys he can be found in so that I can avoid them! :eek:

Mate, put a border on it with an appropriate caption and you definately have art there! :)

Man, he's scary:eek:

but he also looks ike the guy from Mighty Boosh, os that takes the edge off

Good capture Diego (y)

SammyC said:
...an appropriate caption...

WANTED?

I agree though - the processing is as interesting as the face, and seems to complement it. Nice one!

Diego Garcia said:
I am trying to make every shot I take look different and represent the person I see - if that makes sense.

It's what being a photographer is all about, putting your stamp on what you see around you.

wow! First thing that came to mind was the lyrics from a pink floyd song...

'I got Wild, Staring Eyes.....and i got a strong urge to fly....but i got no-where to fly to....'

Back