weekly Gercam's 52 2012 Challenge - Wk 1 Direction Added

Name
Gerry
Edit My Images
Yes
My First Ever 52 Week Challenge

Saw this as great challenge as I am very keen and very much a beginner.

My camera is Canon 40D and i only have one lens-canon efs 17-55mm.

Have just finished taking first photo-couldn't really get anything outside unless I wanted blown away!!

Might be a little obvious - will definitely try and up the thinking!

Week 1 : Direction
Week 2 :
Week 3 :
Week 4 :
Week 5 :
Week 6 :
Week 7 :
Week 8 :
Week 9 :
Week 10 :
Week 11 :
Week 12 :
Week 13 :
Week 14 :
Week 15 :
Week 16 :
Week 17 :
Week18 :
Week 19 :
Week 20 :
Week 21 :
Week 22 :
Week 23 :
Week 24 :
Week 25 :
Week 26 :
Week 27 :
Week 28 :
Week 29 :
Week 30 :
Week 31 :
Week 32 :
Week 33 :
Week 34 :
Week 35 :
Week 36 :
Week 37 :
Week 38 :
Week 39 :
Week 40 :
Week 41 :
Week 42 :
Week 43 :
Week 44 :
Week 45 :
Week 46 :
Week 47 :
Week 48 :
Week 49 :
Week 50 :
Week 51 :
Week 52 :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73442889@N05/6630225505/

dictionary5_edited-1.jpg

New edited photo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73442889@N05/6640240059/

square2_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, Gerry, never under estimate the power of the obvious (y)

Looks a tad blue on my laptop and an inch off the top for me.

Cheers and welcome aboard....hope you get off alive :puke:

Agree with Andy with regards to a slight blue tint and maybe cropping the top slightly but a great start :)

Look forward to seeing more of your work soon :)

Welcome to the madhouse Gerry.
Off to a great start. It may be an “obvious” shot, but you’ve carried off very well and considering the lens that you’re using you’ve handled the DoF brilliantly. Personally, I’d quite like to see this as a square crop with “direction” near the top – I think it would make the most of the diagonals within the composition and give it another dimension. The slight blue tint is easily sorted and definitely worth tweaking IMO.

Hi Gerry....

sometimes simple is best.... & that shots works really well for me...sort the WB & it'll be spot on (y) Others have mentioned a crop...possibly a tad off the bottom for me...

By the way...this challenge may well have a detrimental effect on your bank balance....just ask Posiview :naughty:

Best of luck for the next 51 weeks :)

Thank you all for your comments. Am I allowed to go back and edit them? If so I'll do in morning and repost

I have added edited photo to original post - looks much better. Thanks for advice and comments. Is that the correct way to do it or should I have added another post?

I have added edited photo to original post - looks much better. Thanks for advice and comments. Is that the correct way to do it or should I have added another post?

Looks better, the crop is more pleasing as well. It's upto you weather you put an edit in a fresh post, It is good to see the original and edit side by side for comparison. I would just pop the post number in the your previous post, just so it's quicker to get to.

Definitely agree that the crop works better, and the shot looks much nicer without the blue tinge.
Good take on the theme, saves going up two mountains in the freezing cold like I did for my shots.

Back