German Shepherd at rest...

Thankyou for posting, that is a wonderful shot of my favourite type of pup. My first was Stella, my current is called Dixie. Would have liked an even lower angle though.

(y)

Glad you liked the picture and I appreciate the feedback guys. I hear what you're saying about getting down lower. Sadly my knees don't work too well, so getting the low down shots are not easy, at least not on the spur of the moment. :LOL:

Excuses, excuses Heps, I know today is your birthday, you are a year older (or is that a decade in your terms :LOL:)

Funny thing is I really like this pic, it is quite 'teasing' and says "coI thime and play with me, all you need to do is grab the ball" :thinking: :LOL:

I think you have achieved great composition here, especially with the dandelion, clover, ball, dog. The only thing missing is catchlight in the eye (is that possible with animals?)

However, that is one very gorgeous looking dog and very photogenic.

I am sure Roo would love to give it a big cuddle :love: (he has gone a bit dog crazy the last week or so)

Well done (y)

D :)

P.S., once again Happy Birthday xx

. I'm not sure about animal catchlights - if anyone cares to chime in with an answer feel free (y)

I have 3 dogs and loads of shots but not too many with catch lights but this one works.

4410863422_50d9b9beb0.jpg

Last edited:
I'd also be interested to hear about any advice about animal catchlights if anyone can offer any advice, it is one of the projects/homework for the DSLR course.

I have 3 dogs and loads of shots but not too many with catch lights but this one works.

4410863422_50d9b9beb0.jpg

That is such a cute pic :), so how did you get the light in the eye, or was it just fluke?

He was facing a large window. FLUKE how dare you :razz:.......:dummy:

:LOL: caught out then :LOL:

But then it is all about technique isn't it????

Or are you going to put it all down to equipment?????

Ooops, dare I say that about a Nikon haha

:LOL: caught out then :LOL:

But then it is all about technique isn't it????

Or are you going to put it all down to equipment?????

Ooops, dare I say that about a Nikon haha

Well it was with the D300 but using an old manual focus 50mm at 1.8 for a narrow DOF. He was already layed on the pouffe and I just had to turn it towards the window for the light. Then crouch on the floor for the right composition.

Well it was with the D300 but using an old manual focus 50mm at 1.8 for a narrow DOF. He was already layed on the pouffe and I just had to turn it towards the window for the light. Then crouch on the floor for the right composition.

(y) great pic

I may still need a bit of convincing to venture to the 'dark side' :LOL:

Got to say it's thanks to this thread that I realised what was wrong with the pictures I was taking of my dog, Drodd mentioned "catchlight" being needed in the eye and that was exactly what was lacking in a lot of my photos, I've been back and looked through and now I understand what Dawn meant I'm going to get back out there and try and catch that light in my dogs eyes.

Thanks muchly (pepper still trying to learn a little)

Got to say it's thanks to this thread that I realised what was wrong with the pictures I was taking of my dog, Drodd mentioned "catchlight" being needed in the eye and that was exactly what was lacking in a lot of my photos, I've been back and looked through and now I understand what Dawn meant I'm going to get back out there and try and catch that light in my dogs eyes.

Thanks muchly (pepper still trying to learn a little)

You are welcome, finally I am making sense ;-)

Look forwards to seeing your pics soon :)

Back