get together at the cafe

I think this is a great composition Geof. I have been studying the work of the American artist, Edward Hopper, am currently working on a project inspired by his work. This is the kind of shot I am looking at trying to achieve, with the human element being a tiny part of the overall scene. My only gripe would be the lamp post on the right, which I think would add to the overall scene, being chopped in half. Still a cracking shot for me.:)

I think this is a great composition Geof. I have been studying the work of the American artist, Edward Hopper, am currently working on a project inspired by his work. This is the kind of shot I am looking at trying to achieve, with the human element being a tiny part of the overall scene. My only gripe would be the lamp post on the right, which I think would add to the overall scene, being chopped in half. Still a cracking shot for me.:)

good spotting on both counts...i dodged the people to make them stand out...and the lamp post which on hindsight in accordance with your observation i could have cloned it out..
i too like this type of spotlighting the subject a bit whatever it is...and have been pursuing burn and dodge for quite some time
as in this negative shot of James Dean in new york...the pre development notes to get the finished effect

pablo1copy by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr
jd f.jpg

Last edited:
Back