Get well soon STARRIDER (Dave)

feek

Herbert
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just found out that a stalwart of TP, Dave (STARRIDER) has been seriously ill for over 2 weeks. I just want to wish you a speedy recovery and see you back on your feet ASAP. Take care and best wishes. Rob.(y)

Last edited:
Indeed, get well soon Dave. Here's to a speedy recovery. (y)

..and from me too - we met once, and Dave is one of the good guys.
Hope you are not suffering too much Dave and are back in action soon !

Sorry to hear this, Get well soon Dave :)

Just had a text conversation with Dave. He's at home waiting for a date for his CABG. He sends his regards to everyone on TP.

get well soon fella....

you-can-do-it.jpg

Wow..i just stumbled on this post,thanks everyone..
I have been home now for about 6 or 7 weeks and getting along fine now,they say about 3 months is the usual time it takes to get back to normal..they were going to send me home from hospital and call me back at a later date for the operation but on having more scans etc. they decided i was a ticking time bomb(had i had another attack on the outside i wouldn't have completed dialing 999,I'd be dead) and kept me in until the operation,7 weeks in all.
I ended up with a quadruple bypass,at the moment I'm taking things very slow(but i always did:LOL:)walking most days when the body says its ok..you have to listen to ya body,if it says stop then you stop,i'm currently having cardiac physio twice a week which is great,gives me confidence as to how far to push myself..I'll soon be running around London i hope (y).
Thanks again guys for having me in your thoughts,see you all soon..(y)

Missed this thread but good to read the good news Dave, best wishes on your road to recovery.

That's great news Dave. No-one's organized a TP meet in London since that last one. We'll have to get one up and running when you can attend.

Wow..i just stumbled on this post,thanks everyone..
I have been home now for about 6 or 7 weeks and getting along fine now,they say about 3 months is the usual time it takes to get back to normal..they were going to send me home from hospital and call me back at a later date for the operation but on having more scans etc. they decided i was a ticking time bomb(had i had another attack on the outside i wouldn't have completed dialing 999,I'd be dead) and kept me in until the operation,7 weeks in all.
I ended up with a quadruple bypass,at the moment I'm taking things very slow(but i always did:LOL:)walking most days when the body says its ok..you have to listen to ya body,if it says stop then you stop,i'm currently having cardiac physio twice a week which is great,gives me confidence as to how far to push myself..I'll soon be running around London i hope (y).
Thanks again guys for having me in your thoughts,see you all soon..(y)

good news:)

get back in action and lets organize a TP meet in London at some point :)

get better !!!

Glad to hear your recovering well!

Great news Dave! Take it easy Bud, don't rush things. (y)

Missed this thread as well. Glad the op went well Dave, and best wishes.

Nick

All the best Dave, hope the donor scar isn't too much of a PITA (or L)! A couple of friends who have had by passes get more problem from the arm or leg than they do from the chest.

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts and words :)
The donor scars aren't a problem Nod.. quite proud of them,left one goes from ankle to upper thigh,the right one goes from ankle nearly to the knee (milking it a bit aint i )i had more problems with elasticated stockings i had to wear for 6 weeks,i looked so good :LOL:
Been to rehab again this morning,nurses are happy with my progress so we'll soon be out and about properly :D.
Just like to thank the NHS for all the care they gave me,why they get knocked so much I'll never know..and i was in Basildon Hospital..always a target for bad press,oh by the way,another little snippet of fame in all this was my surgeon,Hasnet Khan,anyone remember the name from a few years ago (google is ya friend)..cheers everyone (y)

Last edited:
I was constantly getting obblocked for taking off the compression stockings - and that was after I had point blank refused to wear the air compression things! I kept begging to be let out of bed to walk around but they wouldn't let me go further than the chair beside the bed. This went on for 2 months (or seemed to - can only have been 4 days or so since I was out 6 days after the op!)

Great to hear that you're on the mend :)

Some more advice, as given me by the nurses - if you want neat scars, get a plastic surgeon to do the stitching but you don't want them digging more than skin deep!!! And to reduce the scarring, use BioOil once the wound's healed.

Good to hear from you, Dave and to know that you're on the mend. I look forward to our next get together. Hopefully not too long. ;)

Back