Get your rigs out - a place to show of your custom build/work in progress PC

ah well, might have bought a couple of items for a project I'm knocking together.

Just completed some upgrades on my editing PC and juggling parts around various PC's in the house. Got a bargain case in Maplins closing down sale so made it a bit more showy than I normally would.

Corsair 460X RGB Case
AsRock Z370 Pro 4 Motherboard
Intel I7-8700 CPU
16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz (will double this if/when prices drop a bit)
Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 Cooler, Fan has been replaced with a Corsair SP120RGB

And salvaged from the PC it has replaced:
Palit GeForce GTX 960 OC
Crucial MX500 250GB SSD
Crucial M500 240GB SSD
Western Digital Red 3TB
Samsung HD103 1TB
Samsung M9T 2TB 2.5"
Cooler Master Silent Pro M 600W

Motherboard has two Ultra M.2 Sockets which will be populated in time to replace a couple of the other drives but I'm in no rush to do this as I'm noticing a marked improvement on the I5-2500K system it replaces.

View attachment 125692

View attachment 125693

View attachment 125694

Few upgrades over the past month.
Graphics card has been replaced with an Asus 1070TI
Memory has been replaced with two 16GB sticks of Ballistix Sport 3000MHz DDR4
512GB Samsung 970 EVO M2 added
Oculus Rift added just for the hell of it
And replaced my Dell U2715H with an Asus Predator X34

And a few gumtree ads placed to try and recover a small % of what was spent.

Phone pics only this time.

IMG_20181129_153627.jpg

IMG_20181129_153720.jpg

Nice PC`s. I grabbed a Samsung 500gb 860 evo I did not need to black Friday.
Amazons fault, £60 is bonkers, it was not long ago they were double that

Can’t resist ‘fiddling’

Swapped my motherboard over for an asus Z270. The Asrock wasn’t giving me a stable overclock but now have a stable 5ghz on all cores with much lower vcore.

I added a second evo 970 512GB M.2 nvme drive so have my ‘working’ Lightroom catalogue on one m.2 nvme and my OS is on another 970evo.

I have amalgamated all 3 ‘std’ ssd’s into a raid 5 array as a data storage drive.

Swapped the nvidia 1050ti for a Vega 56 that was heavily discounted just before Black Friday.

Also fitted a remote control so I can start up pc from key fob, save me bending down :p.

Really want an 8 core cpu now and a 1080ti or 2070 so not sure how long current set up will remain.

Can’t resist ‘fiddling’

Swapped my motherboard over for an asus Z270. The Asrock wasn’t giving me a stable overclock but now have a stable 5ghz on all cores with much lower vcore.

I added a second evo 970 512GB M.2 nvme drive so have my ‘working’ Lightroom catalogue on one m.2 nvme and my OS is on another 970evo.

I have amalgamated all 3 ‘std’ ssd’s into a raid 5 array as a data storage drive.

Swapped the nvidia 1050ti for a Vega 56 that was heavily discounted just before Black Friday.

Also fitted a remote control so I can start up pc from key fob, save me bending down :p.

Really want an 8 core cpu now and a 1080ti or 2070 so not sure how long current set up will remain.
Great boards the Z270 from Asus, I have the Tuf mk2 version, easy overclocking like you say, can I ask what your vcore is at or did you just use the AI tweaker that is built in for the 5Ghz.

Great boards the Z270 from Asus, I have the Tuf mk2 version, easy overclocking like you say, can I ask what your vcore is at or did you just use the AI tweaker that is built in for the 5Ghz.
No I set it up manually.

1.32v . I’m using a dark rock pro 3 set to silent and have delidded the chip, it still gets warm (80c) as I have the fans on so low but it’s never throttled back so the cooler keeps it below whatever Kaby throttled at.

I have 32gb of 3000 ddr4 set to xmp. I don’t understand ram oc at all but I would like to as if I leave xmp off temps are much lower and I believe setting a manual ram oc wouldn’t raise temps as high as xmp.

Last edited:
Back