Getting closer to the Kingfisher - Got him!

Messiah Khan

Santa is your dad
Name
Alasdair Fowler
Edit My Images
Yes
For the last few weeks I have spent quite a lot of time staring out over a pond, waiting for the resident Kingfisher. You may recall I got an ok shot, but still not quite as good as I wanted. However the other weekend (yes it has taken a while for me to get chance to process these) he performed great. I got there at about 7am. and from 7am-9am he was on and off the stick pretty much solidly. Really enjoyed watching him fish from close by. anyway, here are just a fraction of the shots I got;

20090702085455_dsc_6264-edit.jpg

20090702085416_dsc_6115-edit.jpg

20090702085547_dsc_6315-edit.jpg

:)

Plan on going back on Saturday to see if I can fill some more memory cards. Although I got some of him flying and comign out the water, they weren't very sharp so that is something id like to try and get. :)

Superb work! So crisp and clean, and the perfect amount of environment in, well done Sir!

Beautifully done, the colours are stunning and I really like the compositions.

Very nice shots. I tried to get the one at Slimbridge flying but they are very small and fast so I failed miserably. Looking forward to seeing your new shots.

Excellent, very dedicated clearly. Did you get any of those elusive "Diving" shots? Guessing hard to get due to the speed. Really like the display of emotion and wing detail in 2.

Gary.

Thanks everyone, appreciate the comments. :)

Excellent, very dedicated clearly. Did you get any of those elusive "Diving" shots? Guessing hard to get due to the speed. Really like the display of emotion and wing detail in 2.

Gary.

I did get some diving shots. One of him diving off the stick was sharp, but most of the ones coming out of the water were out of focus. Its damn near impossible to predict where he is going to dive, and even if you prefocus it is really hard to react fast enough. Im going back tomorrow, so hopefully I can get some decent diving ones then. Also wouldn't mind some of him hovering while fishing. :)

Crackingly good work, well worth the patience

Thanks everyone, appreciate the comments. :)

I did get some diving shots. One of him diving off the stick was sharp, but most of the ones coming out of the water were out of focus. Its damn near impossible to predict where he is going to dive, and even if you prefocus it is really hard to react fast enough. Im going back tomorrow, so hopefully I can get some decent diving ones then. Also wouldn't mind some of him hovering while fishing. :)

He's too bloody quick sometimes! I had the pleasure of him diving again yesterday...no such luck today though!

Better luck for tomorrow i hope!

Super - esp. No.2

Something I still have yet to experience and these are stoking the fire to make me get my finger out and go find some, beautifully photographed Mate :clap:

Something I still have yet to experience and these are stoking the fire to make me get my finger out and go find some, beautifully photographed Mate :clap:

Finding them is the easy bit.
Finding a place where they perch is another matter.
Thoroughly frustrating.
Love to get a pic like those shown here.

Thanks guys. :) Got him again Yesterday, but the lighting and background wasn't as good as the first lot. Still fun watching him though. :)

Back