Getting floor tiles up

Thank you everyone for your replies and suggestions...very much appreciated.

We do have a winner though......

When you say "spade bit", do you mean a normal spade bit or a proper tile lifting chisel like https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p54509? Goggles and dust mask are a must, however uncomfortable they might be and I would suggest a sheet laid over the tiles to be lifted to reduce the amount of flying tile. It's a pig of a job but will be worth it, I hope.

Thanks Nod.
Clicked the link...went and bought that particular bit, and voila!! Tiles are in rubble sacks. :)

Again, thanks to all.

Result! Well done!

Really glad to have been of help. Nowt like having the right tool for the job - can save HOURS! (And sounds like it did! :D)

Really glad to have been of help. Nowt like having the right tool for the job - can save HOURS! (And sounds like it did! :D)

Not to mention my sanity.

That's always been suspect!!! :p:p:p

Hope the toe's not too throbby due to the vibration that an SDS drill will have sent along a wooden floor.

That's always been suspect!!! :p:p:p

Hope the toe's not too throbby due to the vibration that an SDS drill will have sent along a wooden floor.
Oh letsl not even go there!

When you say "spade bit", do you mean a normal spade bit or a proper tile lifting chisel like https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p54509? Goggles and dust mask are a must, however uncomfortable they might be and I would suggest a sheet laid over the tiles to be lifted to reduce the amount of flying tile. It's a pig of a job but will be worth it, I hope.

Don't forget gloves. Broken tiles are like broken glass.

Reactions: Nod

Couldn't have used the impact driver without good gloves, either.

Oops! I had forgotten them. Having said that, the cat causes me more scratches on my paws than stripping a bathroom's wall tiles with an SDS tile spade.

Back