Getting Kirk products in the UK?

Edit My Images
Yes
I used to have a Kirk replacement collar for my 300mm f4. Can't even remember how I got it, but it was before I came to the UK. I've looked through all the big UK-based online retailers, but nobody seems to import them. I don't think I have many physical camera stores in the area, and I checked their online stock listings too. I could get it directly from Kirk Photo's own store, but I have no idea how I'd handle the various import duties and what have you, it doesn't sound like they do any of it for you.

Anyone have experience with this? What's the easiest way forward?

Kirk Photo was the place i bought a Kirk item and like you, it was for the 300/f4. I've just gone through a faux order on that website and seemed as if the order would have gone through.
$88 shipping for a collar for the z100-400 though! I bought a Haoge in the end for a fraction of the price of the Kirk.

Yes I’ve bought Kirk recently from B&H.
They do all the paperwork for you.
Shipping and import fees add quite a lot to the price.

Yes I’ve bought Kirk recently from B&H.
They do all the paperwork for you.
Shipping and import fees add quite a lot to the price.
When buying such an imported item, is it import duty plus VAT?

I bought a few things from B & H

Subtotal
Shipping
Duties & VAT
Total
$244.00
$31.19
$78.60
$353.79

The 45% add on to the list price ties in with something I bought from another USA supplier.

I bought a few things from B & H

Subtotal
Shipping
Duties & VAT
Total
$244.00
$31.19
$78.60
$353.79
Interesting, that they levy the duty & VAT and presumably pay that to the UK customs/HMRC ? Seems to be a better arrangement than the odd 'horror' story of stuff being held/held up by Customs until the recipient pays what is due!

Yes no problems with shipping. Here relatively quickly.

The other order I mentioned, when it arrived in the UK, needed a separate payment to Fedex before it was released.
But for both the 45% add on is good rule of thumb.

Yes no problems with shipping. Here relatively quickly.

The other order I mentioned, when it arrived in the UK, needed a separate payment to Fedex before it was released.
But for both the 45% add on is good rule of thumb.
When I've had stuff sent by FEDEX from Japan, I've had the stuff delivered before being invoiced for the duty and of course their handling charge.. On my last delivery a couple of weeks ago I received an email about 30 minutes after delivery with a link to pay the charges.

Interesting, that they levy the duty & VAT and presumably pay that to the UK customs/HMRC ? Seems to be a better arrangement than the odd 'horror' story of stuff being held/held up by Customs until the recipient pays what is due!
Correct. No 'surprise' handling fee for the Royal Mail/DHL/etc handing the VAT/Duty to HMRC

Last edited:
Back