Getting Older?

mobility and yoga are certainly our friends as we age for sure.

That's why Mrs Nod looks about 20 years younger than me rather than the 2 she actually is!!!

My father in laws brother, still does shifts on tug boats, frequently cycles 50 miles+ all at 78. Someone I know competed a 72 mile walk in 22 hours aged 71.
I am fitter in my sixties than I was in my forties.
So for me age is just number.

Is that the program where well known celebs usually with boob jobs strip down to skimpy bikinis and bathe under a waterfall ,for the pleasure of the older male viewers ..
nah never seen it LOL

Is that the program where well known celebs usually with boob jobs strip down to skimpy bikinis and bathe under a waterfall ,for the pleasure of the older male viewers ..
nah never seen it LOL
I'm fairly sure that the lovely Myleen was plastic free when she did the shower scene!

the lovely Myleen
Another one I've never heard of. I wouldn't go that far. ;)
However Google tells me that she is a a British musician, singer, television presenter and model.

However Google tells me that she is a a British musician, singer, television presenter and model.
Would that be a cue to misquote the infamous Kitkat advert: "Can't play, can't sing, looks awful... ...she'll go far"!

:tumbleweed:

Would that be a cue to misquote the infamous Kitkat advert: "Can't play, can't sing, looks awful... ...she'll go far"!

Wasn't that apparently said about Fred Astaire after his screen test?

"Can’t act. Can’t sing. Slightly bald. Can dance a little".

Last edited:

A tale that my mother told me. My hometown in Wales (Tredegar) had a working men's club, called the NCB Club, or 'The Nut and Bolt' locally. Something to do with the NCB engineering works and stores in the town.

One night, a certain Tom Jones was booked to perform at the club, he sang 2 songs and got booed off stage. He left.

We all know the rest.

Last edited:
Fact is, Myleen Class has a great voice, writes a lot of her own music, and , well, I would..... :ROFLMAO:

A large figure in my early life was my dad's uncle Sid. He had been a Grenadier Guardsman in his youth and was a very proud man.
I remember a fellow gardener telling us that he had found Sid (aged 75 at the time) on the ground in his allotment between rows of cauliflowers and offered to help him up.
Sid said 'If I can't get up my self I'll bl---y well stop here.' He also used to say 'Don't get old boy, it ain't no fun.'
I have utmost rrespect for that generation.

Apart from lack of hair, an increased waist size and reading glasses, I don’t really feel old in my early sixties. I have injuries, but I got them playing sport in my twenties. My dad still does a lot of gardening and he will soon be 89. I can still walk faster than most people of any age. My camera with battery grip and longish lens comes in at 4 kg, which is still usable. I wouldn’t want a lens much more than 3 kg, though.

It's just dawned on me about 'Celeb' as mentioned earlier. I'll just wait for the FB updates, apparently, there's 6 out now. I've saved myself hours of life and it's equally as entertaining;).

(y)

Back