Getting that flash off camera..

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Not brave enough to put it up for critique and get torn apart yet, so thought id put it here, trying to use my flash gun off camera and get a pic of my other half, taken in late evening as the sun had gone down.

amy415.jpg

on reflection maybe id liked to have a little more ambient light, or less from the flash?

I'm no expert mate but I like the lighting in this and think it deserves to be in the portraits section instead of in here (y)

Paul

I really like the lighting here I would say that its just about the right amount. Your model has a really good look too.

i am no expert either and would not be able to find fault with the photo, in fact i would be more than happy to have taken it .
think the only thing i would have done is to have removed the lamp post in the background on the left of the model ,but thats just my view.

Thanks for the comments, don't get me wrong it's not that I can't take constructive critique afterall that's how you learn, but having seen some of the so called critique lately has put me off, comments like "just delete it"....and more snide digs than valid critique, which to a learner like myself would be a real kick in the knackers. But thanks again for the comments as iam pretty chuffed with this pic and more importantly so is my girlfriend....ah and point taken on the lamppost, now that is a very valid point, cheers.

Carl :)

ah and point taken on the lamppost, now that is a very valid point, cheers.
:)

Well the lamp post thing is a minor thing to be honest prob less than 5 mins in photoshop and it is gone....it was the only thing i could see to mention, and that was just me being super critical lol .

Stick it in for some critique mate..its a good shot! :)

i second that motion! im holding off on submitting things at the moment because im just not happy with the images im coming up with .. but they are creeping ever close to ones that i would want to seek a more experienced opinion on.

this is a good shot imho.. id get some feedback on it

Back