Beginner Getty Images, Stock Photography etc

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys

Whats the crack with stock photography – its it something worth working towards? I don't imagine being a huge earner however are people doing on here? Whats your thoughts, feedback and suggested sites

Getty Images – Am I correct in thinking this is a image stock site? It seems to be the one that pops up the most – it it worth striving to get your images with them?

Cheers in advance

J

There's no harm in putting your images into stock photography if it's something that interests you. I wouldn't get high hopes for making much money, though.
There appear to be two ways for making money from stock (neither of them particularly lucrative for most people) and those are (a) submitting images of niche/special-interest subjects or (b) being extremely prolific.

i tried to submit to istock once, they were very picky and then i never followed it up to try and get anything more. given how much weirdo things are on stock sites that you think "who the bloody hell would use that" - maybe it is not so strict as that was about 1- years ago

for example:

http://pixabay.com/en/robot-machine-679784/

ha ha - the most disturbing thing about that picture is that is has 20 downloads ha ha - which gives me hope !

I just got a whole $3 from a Getty Sale.. Think I might retire now.

Top tip.. Don't waste your time, there are far easier ways to make money.

I just got a whole $3 from a Getty Sale.. Think I might retire now.

Top tip.. Don't waste your time, there are far easier ways to make money.

Cheers Tom - im just exploring all opportunities at the moment.

The most un appealing thing for me is not knowing where your images will be used. There was a thing in Ireland actually, quite recently - some campaigners used a stock image of a family then plastered some anti Gay Marriage or same sax parents slur over the top of it – obviously the family went Mental… Hand on – it was on the BBC… Here a link… If theres one thing to ward anyone from stock images its this…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32873562

I would hate that to happen to any of my paying customers

Back