GH4, Speedbooster and Canon FD. What adapter do i need to work?

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a GH4 with EF to micro four thirds Speedbooster. I have just bought a 50mm FD chrome nose lens and i want to use it with this setup. What adapter do i need for the Canon 50mm FD to work with the speed booster?
Your help would be great! Here are a few photos....

IMG_2658.JPG IMG_3354.JPG IMG_3354.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7290.JPG
    IMG_7290.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Lenses you can adapt with an EF adapter include:

M42 screw mount
Pentax K mount
Olympus OM mount
Contax/Yashica C/Y
Nikon F mount
Leica R
Zenit M39 SLR screw mount
Pentacon SIx
Rollei SLR

Ones you need an optical adapter for which also acts as a mild teleconverter and will degrade performance:

Canon FD/FL
Minolta MD

Ones you can't adapt:

Konica
Topcon UV
Leica M / M39 screw mount
Sony / Minolta AF

Ones which might work, but might also hit the glass on the speedbooster:

Exakta
Topcon RE

Ok. I understand. So basically I would have to buy the specific Metabones FD speed booster if I wanted to use vintage lenses. It's not such a problem as the chrome nose only cost £30.
The only reason I wanted to use the lens was because the Sigma 18-35 f1.8 with the Speedbooster was a little heavy when filming. But in retrospect I could get used to it:)
Thanks for clearing up the problem:)

Ok. I understand. So basically I would have to buy the specific Metabones FD speed booster if I wanted to use vintage lenses. It's not such a problem as the chrome nose only cost £30.
The only reason I wanted to use the lens was because the Sigma 18-35 f1.8 with the Speedbooster was a little heavy when filming. But in retrospect I could get used to it:)
Thanks for clearing up the problem:)

No probs! There's plenty of cheap compatible 50s out there, you could pick up an Olympus OM 50/1.8 for £15 and an adapter for additional £10. The K mount Pentax 50/1.7 is also decent, as is the M42 Asahi Super Takumar 55/1.8 which can be picked up for peanuts too.

Back