Critique Ghost of woodlouse past...

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Checked the various bits of wood lying around the garden this morning, checking to see if it was globby time yet.

No it wasn't. :(

But did time it well enough to catch this Common Striped woodlouse finish it's moult.

moving house... by markhortonphotography, on Flickr

ghost... by markhortonphotography, on Flickr

Quite pleased with these, but can't wait for the globbies to show up for me!

You and me both Mark. Gutted I've yet to find a globby!

I really like the colouring on those louse and thanks for the ID saves me looking.

And who doesn't love a photo bomb like that millipede.

Need to watch out for that process too. Now where are these blooming globbies.

Great photos and something I have learned today too as I didn't realise they shed. What astounds me even more is that the shell looks intact! how the heck does it get out without breaking the mould? amazing!

Very very cool. Both superb shots.. The second one is brilliant.

Thanks guys. I was also astounded at how much detail was retained in the moult, especially on those front legs and the tips of the antenna.

I imagine they degrade/get eaten fairly soon after being shed, so catching it so soon was a bonus.

Thanks Tim. That was my second in two nights! Had my one and only springtail of the autumn so far shown Thursday night too!

That was a bit of a shock!

Thanks Tim. That was my second in two nights! Had my one and only springtail of the autumn so far shown Thursday night too!

That was a bit of a shock!

I need to catchup I'm still on Wednesday. Though congrats mark look forward to seeing your name in lights.

Gah missed that one (was in London with work and didn't get back until let). Will find it on OnDemand. Tsk, typical. The one night I miss and it's the one with the globby shot ;)

Congrats again!

Back