Ghost Train

Creatively I think the composition needs work. The train-tram ;) is too centered and the follow lines (light trails from the train-tram ;)) provide a very flat line leaving the image with minimal depth (Seems odd, but to me it does). What I also noted is the big NatWest sign in the background. I would try to avoid these kind of details.

Technically it is very good, sharp, correct aperture/shutter. So not much to say on that behalf.

If you havnt already seen, there is great thread on The Rule of Thirds, provided by CT. Its a simple but extremely effective technique to apply to many photographic themes.

Thankyou for the comment, and the tip/link - I'm still learning LOL. What I personally liked about this shot is the 'invisibility' that the tram's took on, and the guy to the left of the frame, wearing the white trainers. Weird how that's come out. My first go at night photography.

Thankyou for the comment, and the tip/link - I'm still learning LOL.

Not a problem, here to help.

Long exposures (lower shutter speeds) provide this effect. You can do all sorts in the dark (photography speaking). Light painting with million watt power torches is particularly fun, wireless flash is great fun too (check this out).

Do a google for light painting, loads of tutorials about.

Back