Edit My Images
No
617a7057.jpg

7001ec79.jpg

62081490.jpg

4c3275cd.jpg

fb17b8d6.jpg

773b2f94.jpg

Looks like someone has created an Oil slick all over them.

Sorry I dont like this at all. I like photography that looks real and not fake. Each to their own though.

I like pop art, these guys look strange and your editing really adds to their ghoulish look....I respect their ability to want to dress like this too although I have to say that I mostly find it amusing!

I'm really warming to your shots automaton. At first I was apprehensive, but the more I look the more I feel comfortable with them.

That last one made me jump back though...lol

That third one's Maggie Thatcher on speed :eek:

I really do like your work, and I think the last two shots of the coloured guy are fab. I know your processing isn't to everyone's taste, but at the end of the day, photography is art which in itself is very subjective.
Good work (y)

minimeeze said:
I really do like your work, and I think the last two shots of the coloured guy are fab. I know your processing isn't to everyone's taste, but at the end of the day, photography is art which in itself is very subjective.
Good work (y)
Yep, each to their own. But they're completely hideous, in my opinion - verging on *******isation of everything that art stands for.

I didn't get Damien Hirst's "dead cow floating in fishtank full of ****" either.

thanks for all the replies

despite the flaws in technique

these pix are able to elicit very polarized responses

the r*pe of art indeed

automaton2 said:
thanks for all the replies

despite the flaws in technique

these pix are able to elicit very polarized responses

the r*pe of art indeed

it could be argued, that the power of any art is to get people talking about it, to create debate. Personally i think they are intriguing, very unique!

the jury is still out with me, however i would like to see your techniques applied to something other than portraits, a macro shot for instance!!

i like the last too, pondering then slightly unhinged! good technique to capture those expressions. the first few i feel lack something compared to the last, sorry.

Not to my personal taste, but I still think it's a good technique if you can find a market for it. I do like the captures and think that your treatment, while not exactly enhancing the images, certainly doesn't detract from them in any way. Keep it up.
It's all subjective, as I used to say to my tutors at Uni whenever they told me my images were 'too dark'.
Hmmm... eleven front pages in the UK national dailies and two in the US. Guess I was right then...

I'm not really into the whole pop-art / posterisation effects so these don't do much for me. Probably be a totally different response from me if the where as shot or maybe even B & W

Back