Gibraltar

Name
Mike Beaton
Edit My Images
Yes
These were snapped on a day trip down to Gib about a week ago, currently my favourite is #4.

I had a lot of fun stealing a friends CPL, so much so that I've gone and ordered myself one for my 17-85 IS.

As always, click on the images to jump to a larger Res version on my Flickr account.

#3 - this is stiched from almost 20 frames - total size ~33MegaPixel

C&C appreciated, as always :)

Mike

Last edited:
i prefer #1 though i would have cropped it and #4 losing some of the sky to get the horizon a bit less central

Thanks for the comments :)

Merc - I did have a couple of the town, though mostly poor grab-shots from the cable-car on the way down (it was -really- packed). Unfortunately I binned everything I'd not flagged as 'great' or better in a major cull yesterday *sniff* I'll keep your request on file for the next day-trip down that way though :p

Mike

Scratch my last, I have the following:

I had this hidden away in my 'upload to farcebook' folder :p

number 3 is superb think it would look great as a huge print to really appreciate it

Lovely thanks:cool:

I helped build a lot of that new development you can see in Gib.

That's a great part of the world you live in Mike. Do you get to go to Sevilla often? My favourite city. My Gran used to live in a village just outside called Coria Del Rio.

God i'm jealous!:(

Thanks oskanoears - I'm actually tempted to order it as a print, maybe A3-long side high and as wide as it needs to be - that said I think I'd spend some more time and care stitching it together is I wanted to go down that route :)

Merc, I don't get to Seville much on the ground but I fly over it at least once or twice a week (yup, I'm not gonna miss a chance for a boast or three, I am that cheap :p).

I managed to spend a weekend in the city when my folks came to visit and I'll agree with you that it is a stunning place, we ate at a pokey little street cafe and then stayed up until the wee smalls having stumbled across some kind of Jazz festival in one of the plazas (whichever the one that's an old hippodrome, and still has the pillars at each end). Magical place. Tomorrow - correction, later today - I'm off to the beach off down Cadiz way.

Did you get a chance to go up into the mountains, over Grazalema way? Now that's a beautiful part of the world, it was Chris D on here that actually coerced me into splashing out on a DSLR after a day hiking up around there and getting some amazing shots.

With all the work and the day-to-day stuff, sometimes you can forget what part of the world you're in. And at the risk of being horibbly philosophical, I've yet been anywhere that hasn't been amazing in it's own special ways.

Back