Gig photo processing, noise reduction help.

Edit My Images
Yes
Got a few recent gig shots waiting to be worked on, mostly they are ISO 800/1600, and f1.8/2.0 on my 300D.

This thread is mostly looking for help making them less grainy, but I know Noise ninja/neat image can be used, they just seem to suck all the sharpness/definition out of the image, make them way too soft for my liking?

I'll post a few of my favourites up, there nothing special - it was my first time and I learnt a lot, such as not to cut guitars off, but I was pretty much stuck in one spot, no room to move.

Not sure what size to post them up, so I'll do both, ones to show you and then link to larger ones for you to play with (if you'd be so kind)

All will be straight from camera, no adjustments for now, I'd like to get my head around noise before I carry on.

2053106838_e638b6e90c.jpg

2053106520_bb85ee82bf.jpg

2052317975_450281da98.jpg

2052313577_3d2b05a410.jpg

2053093412_6208c23404.jpg

Okay bare with me whilst I find somewhere to upload at least 1 full sized jpg.

My son borrowed my 300D to do a couple of gigs and he had the same trouble. Good pics but a lot of noise.

The 300D is not renowned for it's low noise at high ISO. I also agree using Noise Ninja does lose some of the detail and make the image appear soft. I didn't like the results .

In the end I think we lived with the noise and tweeked the images to give a gritty look to them

With Noise Ninja you can use the masking option to keep the detail where you need it but it's not something you really want to do with a large batch of shots.

Noiseware from http://www.imagenomic.com does a nice job and has lots of control for keeping details.

Thanks Chappers, yeah its a shame noise is such a factor at high ISO's but its all I can work with at the moment, as a general thread overview, if anyone feels like editing them, and giving me ideas what to do, B/W whatever, I'd be grateful. I feel no.4 would look good but just not very good with PP yet, I know the basics of photoshop/Raw editing.

edit - 2 new replies :D I'll check out those links. The pics are more for my dad than me and he'd be happy either way, but I often see normal shots that can be made to look that much better simply with techniques/tools I may not be aware of/able to pull off yet. I tried both noiseware/noise ninja, just the automatic run through, selective noise filtering sounds good I'll look deeper into the softwares.

With Noise Ninja you can use the masking option to keep the detail where you need it but it's not something you really want to do with a large batch of shots.

Noiseware from http://www.imagenomic.com does a nice job and has lots of control for keeping details.

So I tried the selective noise filter using the noise brush tool and its pretty good, allowing me to keep details in the face while toning down the noise in the jacket/clothes where its most visible.

Back