Gig Photos - Flash with Freebie Lee Filters

Name
Lynda
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, thought that seeing as how I'd been a member for a while, I had better start posting some pictures.
I've always struggled to get a decent photo at a gig. If I use the flash, it's too light and if I try pushing the iso and dropping the shutter speed, they are generally too grainy or very blurred.

Last night I thought I'd try using the flash with some of the free Lee filters that a lot of us seem to have sent away for.

Here are a few of the results. Please excuse the background, there was nowhere to fix a backdrop.

B7a.jpg

D3a-1.jpg

J8a.jpg

4. Rescued from a shot where the flash didn't go off. Very over-processed but I quite like it.
J11a.jpg

Hi, good job on capturing these pics, i'm not sure if the colouring in numbers 1 and 3 work for me though, but I really like number 4, not sure why there is just something about it.

yeah, the colouring was what I wasn't sure about. The trouble with using the filters on the flash was that it coloured the whole shot. In my head, this was better than a straight shot using the flash, given that photos taken in pubs usually end up looking too stark. I tried putting two filters in the folder together to vary the tone, but one colour was invariably dominant over the other. All in the name of science, I'm sure I'll crack it one day.

that pink one is too much for me in truth. like the last one though.

I like the last one also. The rest I would try and fix the WB on, they could work quite well in b + w though. I would also crop out the space on the left side of the first photo.

Back