Gig Photos

Name
Lynda
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been playing about with some shots from a gig where I was trying some gels over a flash. I realise that they'll be 'over-worked' for some but I'd appreciate an opinion.

Thanks
L

J3.jpg

J2.jpg

D25a.jpg

B3.jpg

J8.jpg

B7a-1.jpg

D28.jpg

B20.jpg

I am sorry but they dont do anything for me. The last one is probably the pick of the bunch though. The first few are to dark and I try to avoid flash for gigs as a rule.
Cheers
Ricky

So do you mind me asking what settings you use. Bearing in mind that my lenses only stop down to 4.5 (I'm saving for a new one). I've tried pushing the ISO up to 1600 but I find that these are really grainy and still too much blur.
The gig photos I'll be taking are mainly in pubs with limited lighting, cr@p backgrounds (i.e. dartboards etc).

Loopy I shoot 2.8 all the time, with IS when the lighting is this poor. Crank the ISO up and as Paul has said invest in Noise Ninja :) You are always going to struggle shooting at f4.5 to be honest, sometimes when the lighting is really bad I put the camera down and enjoy the bands :) If money is tight try and pick up the nifty fifty, it is not the best at focussing in poor light but you can always MF and you will be at f1.8 (I know they aint tack shapr wide open but I think it would provide better than you have here) I hope this helps?
Cheers
Ricky

Back