Gig pics

Edit My Images
No
OK , i'm new here so be gentle with me please...I'm a total amature who shoots a few gigs (unpaid ) for an online mag....I've picked out a couple of what I think are decent shots , but would value opinions on them..

Steve Hogarth (Marillion)

Img8803.jpg

Pete Trewavas (Marillion)

Img8558.jpg

Paul Gilbert

DSC_0455.jpg

Paul Gilbert

Img3746.jpg

Roger Hodgson (ex Supertramp)

Img5627.jpg

Rudolph Schenker (Scorpions)

DSC_0443.jpg

Midge Ure (Ultravox)

DSC_0436.jpg

Looks like a good set to me.

The only thing I'd say is it's not a particularly flattering picture of Roger Hodgson.

My only suggestion (not being able o see the exif info) for improvement would be to shoot with a faster lens then you'll be able to lower the iso and reduce the noise.

i like them all - and i think we've already met! :)

amateur - my bumcheeks :exit:

We have indeed met....Hows your goodself ?

I'm 100% amature as I don't get paid a bean :bonk:.....But I have a lot of fun and meet some great people .(y)

Shots looking good.
You must be getting in pretty close.
Are you using Nikon 17-55, 2.8 ?

Shots looking good.
You must be getting in pretty close.
Are you using Nikon 17-55, 2.8 ?

Cheers.....Combination of gear really...It's a mixture of D70 and D200 bodies with 17-55 , 35-70 , Nikor and 70-210 Tamron lenses ..All f2.8's.

Joey Tempest (Europe)

DSC_0064.jpg

Steve Howe (Asia)

Img10398.jpg

Peter Hammill (VDGG)

Img1530.jpg

Charlie (Simple Minds)

DSC_0599.jpg

I like these, good shots, for my 2p though

Steve Hogarth (Marillion) very nice balance on his white clothes but there is little face contact if you know what i mean
Joey Tempest (Europe) great stuff but there is a shadow on his face. gig stuff is when you really can't control the lighting or use flash. it's just a shame
Charlie (Simple Minds) a chopped off guitar head which is something I'm often guilty of. it's not a prob with the Paul Gilbert photo. as he's much more the centre.
Looks like it's missing from teh Charlie photo.
However, also something you can't control as well with fast primes for gigs.

on the flip side, I like them all but..
Pete Trewavas (Marillion) good colours on this one. would fit really nicely on a magazine cover
Rudolph Schenker (Scorpions) adore this photo :) awesome capture, vibrant and expressive
Steve Howe (Asia) awesome shot :) such character. brilliant DOF and detail in the shot too

nice set

Back